Skip to content

Bow Swap Build for Apex

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Bow Swap Build for Apex

Postby Apex Predator » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:34 am

Just got this beauty in my hands! Wow! Great job Bob! I can hardly wait to get home and shoot it.

I almost had a heart attack opening the mangled triangle tube though! It all worked out, but I cringe every time I see a bow shipped in one. PVC sewer pipe for me.

Thanks again man! I'll give you guys an update after shooting.
Apex Predator

Postby Apex Predator » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:03 am

I shot one of my D97 strings on her last night, and she is fast. A little louder than I like though, so I'm gonna twist up a flemish B50 and see how she does.
Apex Predator

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Allright guys! I've been way too busy lately, but finally got around to making a new string for the awesome bow Bob made for me. I have to eat my wheaties before shooting this one! I usually shoot around 48-50@27 and this one is 57@27! I like a really quiet bow, because I don't do the target thing. If it ain't hunting quiet, I'm just not going to shoot it much. I made a 12 strand D97 string for this puppy right after I got it and it was way too loud for me. This morning I made a B-50 string and it's about 300% quieter to my ears. This thing is still a screamer! Very fast and very stable for me. I was shooting it again this evening, and I swear I've never shot one any more consistent. I didn't think these speed demons were supposed to be forgiving? :D I will try to stick a hog with it this coming weekend! It hits so hard, that I think it's dangerous! It makes me want to find the biggest, nastiest, 400# boar, and stick him through both shoulder blades, just because I can!!! :twisted: Hopefully common sense will hold me back!

Thanks again Bob!
Apex Predator

Postby Kenro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:58 pm

HOLY CRAPP BOBBY!!! I just now finaly paged back and looked at what you built here for Marty!! It looks awesome bro! :D Youve come a long way since WTT. That hybrid looks just as refined as your recurve is looking man. SAWEET! but I hope you put some heavy blood repellent in the finish because we know Marty, its gonna get messy with boar blood:lol:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 am

Ken, Marty...thanks a lot. Really, that means a lot coming from 2 good builders.

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Apex Predator » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 am

Ken is a good builder! I'm still in the amatuer class. The one I'm working on is only #22 for me.

I'm looking forward to getting a bow in Ben's hands, so I can get some good feedback. I plan to do a very detailed "redneck" build-a-long on here. I figure to start in a few weeks, since I only got one other build ahead of him. Everyone getting their bows finished already means that my build may be the only game in town, besides hunting season. :D
Apex Predator

Postby angelstaff » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 am

I hope you kill the bug 400 #, and we show it here, congratulations on the bow, you've received from Bob, really beautiful bow
Angel
angelstaff

Postby RamRod Roiter » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:54 pm

BK, Great job.. Love the looks of that bow.... I like the wood combo....

Belcher Bows pro staff shooter
>>>------------> <-----------------<<<
Cody
RamRod Roiter

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:05 am

holy cow!!! i don't know how i missed this thread but that is a great looking bow, Bobby! absolutely fantastic!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby jwillis » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:58 pm

Looks great BK. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs