[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Bow Swap Build for Apex

Skip to content

Bow Swap Build for Apex

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Bow Swap Build for Apex

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

One of the neat things about this swap is that I've had the chance to chat with a couple real nice guys that I probably wouldn't have called otherwise. Good stuff.

So after talking with Marty this is going to be a 1-piece hybrid with a low grip ; 62" AMO ; 52-55lbs @ 27"

Other than that the only request he had was a darker riser & lighter limbs.

Here is my lumber corner: I really really need to do some organizing. Blocks & pieces are everywhere & the pampers boxes are full of unsorted call blanks. Uggg.

Ok...so I narrowed it down to a few pieces. The top is Iroko, middle Wenge, bottom Rosewood.
After staring at them for a good half hour I decided to use all 3. I think it'll work, I just hope it's not to busy. I should know after gluing the riser together.

After a little time with a pencil & eraser I went to the bandsaw & started cutting. I got both accent pieces cut & the wenge piece fitted in the rosewood. That's as far as I got. Tomorrow I'll grind an accent strip for between the wenge & rosewood. Since the Iroko is going to overlap the wenge, I'll need to glue up the wenge/accent strip/rosewood section before cutting out the cradle for the Iroko.

Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Re: Bow Swap Build for Apex

Postby Apex Predator » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 am

You'll have me checking in a little more often from this point on Bobby! :D
Apex Predator

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:12 am

Cant wait to see it come along!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Only got a little done last night....had to wait for smooth-on to cure. The Wenge & Maple accent are glued to the Rosewood, and tonight I'll cut out the cradle & fit in the piece of Iroko then glue it up.

BK in TEXAS

Postby michbowhunter » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Good to know i'm not the only one with a collection of Huggie boxes in my shop. :D
If you say you can, or you say you can't....you're right!

www.journeymanarchery.com
michbowhunter

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 pm

BK in TEXAS

Postby Crooked Stic » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Canary Marty :) I think I am seeing where you are going with the riser-pretty neat.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:07 am

I definitely like the canary Bobby! You've got me on the edge of my seat man!
Apex Predator

Postby michbowhunter » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 am

That is gonna be a nice looking riser, love that radius layout. :D
If you say you can, or you say you can't....you're right!

www.journeymanarchery.com
michbowhunter

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Got the riser done tonight. :)

BK in TEXAS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs