Skip to content

WTT3 results!

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: results!

Postby Kirkll » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm

I haven't been ignoring the board here guys and girls...Had a bit of a time getting home. Seems that big storm that decided to swamp Milwaulkie Wi hit about the same time i was suposed to get on a plane... It took me two days getting home. :shock: Then I spent 14 hours slopping around in the mud on a stupid concrete job today..... Nice way to top off my jet lag. :lol:

It's hard to put into words exactly how much this event meant to me. This was so much more than a very accurate testing of our bows. this was a gathering of down right good folks here! Seeing the performance increases, and shear beauty of these bows first hand was a honor. The group efforts on this site in sharing their trade secrets for the betterment of the finished product has paid off nicely i would say....Meeting my fellow bowyers and family members was excellent!

My sincere thanks to Kenro and Lynro for your hospitality. i loved your place in the country. :D

The amount of effort put into the accuracy of testing all these bows was nothing short of incredible. The wee hours of the morning were seen Friday night as Jim, Ken, and Marc worked their buns off doing draw force charts on each and every bow, and taking taking photo's as they went....these guys need an extra portion of thanks from all of us here. the extra mile was ran willingly, and was nicely done.

Speacial thanks to our camera man Ben. This guy really went all out here and has some nice equiptment.

Besides the testing of bows, this whole gathering was a lot of good food, good people, and a lot fun! Aaron knocked himself out on roasting the yard birds
with the help of Hanks steady hand here...

There was string building techniques shared, shooting lessons, and lots of stories being swapped.... i've got a bunch more photos and some of those to share with all coming up, but this kid need some Zzzzzz's right now.....Kirk

Hey TJ....you better be glad i couldn't get that sasquatch to hold a string at a 6" brace. :lol: :lol: :lol: btw....She didn't catch up to your 197 with a lighter string at 7.25"....
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby BullMtnArchery » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:20 am

Hey Kirk,
Glad you made it back safe and sound. A Big Congrats on the perfomance of your bows. Outstanding, especially for a Oregon boy :twisted: That TD Sasquatch turned out awesome.
Those are some nice pics. Look forward to seeing more. If I am not mistaking, I think that is JWillis picking TJ's brain and taking notes 8-)

Get some rest. Talk to you later in the week. I have some coffee for ya, I will get it out in the mail in the next couple days.... Brock
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:18 am

Gino, Ken posted that number down a page or so... it was like 199, 199, 198 I think...

he also did my bow and it was only 194 :cry: However...I am happy because I will be using that bow and those limbs for my hunting bow this year!!! and probably at about 9 1/2 gpp!

:mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby kcbrown » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 am

Kirk, good to hear you make it home safe, we was beginning to worry about you. You kicked some butt for the first time out. Same way with TJ. It was another great learning opportunity for sure.
kcbrown

Postby jwillis » Fri May 01, 2009 7:30 am

Nice pics Kirk! It was good to meet you and I'm glad you're home safe and recovering. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kirkll » Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

Anyone else come down sick after the event? FD said he got the crud pretty bad....

I got a bug that hit me bad tuesday night....i worked the last 2 days anyway, but i'm coughing up green shit and got rumble guts going too...i'm talking farts that would peel paint at 20 yards.... makes me want to go down town and ride the bank elevators.... Now THAT"S good sport. :D

Just thought i'd ask... with this swine flu thing going right now, its got me concerned some.....Kirk
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Carbon Caster » Fri May 01, 2009 11:31 am

Kirk,

If you kissed FD, you better start building a custom casket for yourself. :twisted:
Carbon Caster

Postby Kenro » Fri May 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Kinda weird you guys mention getting a little under the weather this past week. I been chitten like a goose. I been afraid to fart for fear my separator might not be working. :oops:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Fri May 01, 2009 10:01 pm

yup Ken, i got that going too. running out of Kybo tape right now would be a bad scene for sure.. :o
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Sat May 02, 2009 11:57 am

From what you guys say about the about of rum FD put away, he had to be the most germ, virus and other vermin free guy there. :D

Kirk, great new avatar.

Hope all you guys are feeling better soon.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk