Skip to content

Another claim of grounbreaking speed

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Another claim of grounbreaking speed

Postby str8shooter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am

There is another video posted showing another test. Hand shot, 28"? draw, 62@28, arrows ranging from 407 to 606.

According to the video the 606 gr. arrow is shooting an avg. of 204-205 fps.

407 grain arrow was around 220 fps. I was surprised. Drop 200 grs. and only a gain of 15 fps.

Must have some incredible efficiency as arrow weight increases or something.

Either way, if those numbers can be substantiated by a third party, those bows are going to sell like hotcakes.
str8shooter

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 pm

what is even stranger is that the 540gr arrows are slower than the 606gr arrows :? ...... i think something is a little off. having said that, if they shoot it off the machine and get those numbers, i'll certainly believe it and give them the benefit of the doubt.

ken..... you might have someone knocking on the door for a shot at your title. :o :P :lol:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Gino Bruno wrote:ken..... you might have someone knocking on the door for a shot at your title.

:lol: Yup..........

They or anyone else can have it far as Im concerned. Come gettchya some.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Gino Bruno wrote:what is even stranger is that the 540gr arrows are slower than the 606gr arrows :? ...... i think something is a little off. having said that, if they shoot it off the machine and get those numbers, i'll certainly believe it and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Overdrawing on the 606 was my first thought. But like you said, if the speed is legit, he made a heck of a bow!

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby james wrenn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:19 am

I was wondering if anyone else picked up on those ibo numbers and how they would relate to the 10gns stuff. ;) I see I am not the only one that has shot a lot of bows through the crony. :D
james wrenn

Postby Kirkll » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:51 pm

pretty impresive numbers using fingers any way you add it up....
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby jwillis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:23 am

I want to see it shot at WTT...

The bows on his site look like good performers. The r/d longbow side profile is very similar to mine and Ken's. The Patriot recurve looks like a Border Hex profile. Like Gino said, its interesting to see the width and late taper on the tips. It appears to be a parallel limb tapering the last six inches. That width taper usually makes a recurve with good behavior. It must have significant thickness taper to lighten the tips. Even if it doesn't break any records, it looks like a fine bow.

Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kenro » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:24 am

As I said someone needs to invite them to send in a bow. (I dont really care but I seen alot of guys frenzy this issue)If that bow is doing that speed legit at 10gpp we'll sell him alot of bows by having it in front of a whole crew of impartial judges and the video camera and in that case Im very glad to help them. But at the same time that could be a double edge sword for any "PRO" bow company out there in that if there bow doesnt do what it claims and compares only average to anything else................? might not look to good for them.

WTT is the base for ALL bows to be compared to one another out of the same machine and same crono. way I see it, IF true numbers are importaint to a guy and really wants to know how his bow stacks up to the rest of the bows out there they DO need to come from the same machine/crono and scales. cuz even if its off a little for one it will be off the same way for ALL of them. Now dont get me wrong,, all calibrated cronos and scales should be pretty darn close so infact when a guy tests something it should very well make a close to a legit number for them. (provided there not purposefully fudging with scales and cronos to get sales :? )
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 am

If speed is your selling point...WTT could make or break you!

I'll go out on a limb and say...that bow wont shoot 10 gpp off the machine at 209... or even 9gpp... But...who cares. Heck..if it shoots it at 190 thats fantastic!

Does anyone know Belcher or know anyone who knows him??? We need to get the bow to WTT...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby njstykbow » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:27 am

I'm no bowyer, nor any type of engineer...but I've shot a BUNCH of them through a chrono. Something stinks with those numbers. My first inclination with the variation of speed vs. gpp is he is overdrawing...possibly on all shots. Probably fine bows that don't need misleading hype. That said...I doubt you'll see one show up at your door for testing. Seems they'd rather have a couple guys promote their numbers on LW.

Joe
njstykbow

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk