Skip to content

Walking the Warf

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Walking the Warf

Postby Yohon » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:03 am

VERY interesting JRW...when I shoot wheels I only used one pin and sighted in at 25, held low in close and a tick high out at 30 yards and shot a bunch of critters that way. I have tried to shot 3 under and find anchor that would allow me to that very thing but have never been satisfied with whatever I tried. I thought about stringwalking but I have never tried it, figured way too loud and messed up tune/bow but your post is maing me think hmmmmmmmmmm 8-)

1 1/4" sounds way down the string....got any pictures you could post?
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby rwsbow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:18 am

JRW,
How are your broadheads flying with your setup? That would be my only concern with stringwalking. If they are flying true, are you doing anything different to get them tuned...just curious!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14 am

Now when you say you're holding it 4" low, does that mean 4" on the paper at 20 yards or 4" in front of your nose?
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby rwsbow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:21 am

Sounds like you're ready to have some FUN!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm

And all that stuff I said before about stringwalkers being inbred poo-poo heads in sight denial, I didn't mean it. :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby rwsbow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:03 pm

Makes sense to me now, Jason..
That was a good idea to go with a fixed 20 yard crawl..I would've never thought of that but good idea.By doing that it minimizes your "gap" at the other distances, right?
Damn, now you got me thinking that there may be a way to lose the sights!! Had to just go and complicate things, didn't ya! :lol:

Jolly Roger

rwsbow

Postby rwsbow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Did you bareshaft tune your arrows at 20-yards then?

Look what you got me into.... :cry:

Jolly Roger

rwsbow

Postby Cutty » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Roger, the bows I tend to shoot the best-- mostly longbows-- I can set up to shoot right where I look at 20 yards, so it's not that different then Yohon using the pin...without the pin...

I can't do that with smoking fast bows, or bows that don't have the shelf set up with arrow close enough to my hand.

Good post JRW.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Postby cst » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:58 pm

JRW I mean no offence here. Did you say that a Bear Black Bear WARF was longbow quiet? What kinda longbows have you been shooting? How many grains per pound are your arrows? 20?30? 50?
Seriously though, I wonder if Lancaster didn't change those limbpads. I put some (came with my TTILFLB limbs) on my FireFly and Black Sheep and I didn't notice any difference in the sound. Maybe those Flute limbs you got are magic. Maybe I have been spoiled with some especially quiet bows. My BBBWarf is the loudest bow I have ever owned. Louder than my Gamemaster. More fun to shoot than most of the bows I have ever shot though.
cst

Postby cst » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Sweet! My Black Bear is one of my favorite bows. I probaly shoot best with it. I just like the other bows for various other reasons. I will have to put some of those pads on that thang and give it a shot!
cst

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum