Skip to content

Recurve build along (pg 1) FINISHED PICS PAGE 4

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Recurve build along FINISHED PICS PAGE 4

Postby Crooked Stic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:14 pm

I asked Brandon how he set his table up. He is using the bolts that hold the end cover on the motor. Being as the cover is crowned you need spacers to get above the crown. Then probably some support for the outside of the table. I have my table allready machined out of 3/8s steel. The mounting holes in it will have to be countersunk and a guy could use the same flat socket head bolt type bolt that you use on bow limbs. My guess they will be metric thread. When I get ready to do mine I am going to take the motor off the machine and have my machinist to get a bearing and fab a wheel and maybe even drill the table holes. I think the outer support can be attached to the stand that the machine is on now. I may have to rent a Mig welder for a day to do that. :) :idea: Or I could have you to make two wheels.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:28 pm

mike..... i am going to mount the table just as you described brandons. for the bearing, i am using a couple collars and making a wheel that will be press fit over the bearing..... i still haven't got any platen to make the table from yet though...... it will be a while before i can even thinking of getting to this project though :cry:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby schmaus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm

"i just can't build them as fast as the pros do."

If that ain't pro, John Deere ain't green.
schmaus

Postby Mike Baker » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Wow Gino! Not only do your bows look awesome, the work you put into them is increadable! I'm sure there are alot of guys that can do the machining that you do, but to do it with such atristic taste is what sets you apart. Your bows are fantistic! Mike
Mike Baker

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:42 pm

thanks again guys!

mike- i hope guys can machine as well as i can(LOL)....... i just got this mill a little over a year ago..... i am flying by the seat of my pants on every project...... i am sure real machinests like FD (or even newbees with even a little formal training) see how i am doing things and just cringe LOL.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Mike Baker » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Gino, you are the best! Hands down. Wow! Just WOW! Mike
Mike Baker

Postby MikeW » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Wow! Just WOW!

What he said...Excellent thread! Thank you for taking the time to put it all together.
I really want to try this myself one day.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
MikeW

Postby angelstaff » Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 am

Precious and perfect arches How is the brightness of the finished glass? (Epoxy mixed with another product, where and in what proportion, thank you very much for all
I am learning more here in 2 times in my life fan
angelstaff

Postby angelstaff » Fri May 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Gino, thanks for publishing their work. you are a teacher I look forward to learning more every day to build bows.'m learning with you more than you ever knew. thank you very much again
angelstaff

Postby RamRod Roiter » Tue May 12, 2009 9:32 am

WOW WOW WOW :) DAMN nice Job man...... Do u hold a summer class on bow making because if u do I sure would like to be the first on your list... I have never seen as much info on making bows then on this post.......... ONE HELL OF A NICE JOB,

Cody

Belcher Bows pro staff shooter
>>>------------> <-----------------<<<
Cody
RamRod Roiter

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs