Skip to content

Heading to Wisconsin in March

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Heading to Wisconsin in March

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Just giving some of you guys that live in the area a heads up. The Professional Bow hunters Society Bi-Annual gathering is going to be in Madison Wisconsin March 14-18, 2018. I'll be headed up, as will a bunch of other bow hunters, some of whom you may actually know ;) . If you guys wanna swing by and hang out, maybe share a beer.... they do have beer in Wisconsin don't they? Come on over. You don't have to be a member to get in, only for the dinners, auctions and some of the events. Heck, I may even sign you up!

If someone will let me know where they have Aaron locked up, I'll try and get him released into my custody for the weekend.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Heading to Wisconsin in March

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:50 pm

I live under an hour north of there. You got a place to crash at my house. Marc is really close by too. If you decide to fly in, I can pick you up and you can use my car and I can drive the Stranger Danger van for a few days. If you would rather drive the Stranger Danger van, that's cool too. Lol!!
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby marc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Hell yeah we have a few beers up here! If the group actually seemed to do something to preserve hunting I would definitely join but most of my friends that are regular members are giving it up and instead sending more money to BHA.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:47 am

The P.B.S. isn't for everyone, and a lot of guys try it for awhile and then move on for whatever personal reasons that they have. After a slow growth period for a number of years, it is nice to see that 63 new members have signed up in the last three months!

There has been a lot of changes to the P.B.S. in the last 18 months or so, and if you're a member and not taking advantage of some of the member only hunts, you're really missing out. I've met some of the finest bowhunters I ever hope to hunt with and experienced some hunts I wouldn't have otherwise. Right now there are hunts being put together for Coues deer and javalina in Arizonia, Hogs in Texas, Florida and Georgia, Elk in Utah and Wyoming.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:14 am

Hopefully there will be time for you to come up and hang out and maybe we can grill a pork loin stuffed inside a pork belly. The lady friend and I did this yesterday.

FD 01.jpg
FD 01.jpg (115.4 KiB) Viewed 971 times

FD 02.jpg
FD 02.jpg (119.94 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 am

Wow!!! Yall got BIG pork loins up in Wisconsin!
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm

That better?

:)
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:00 pm

:D
Stykshooter

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Believe it or not, my last batch of rye came out pretty good too. Not going to age it in wood. Leaving it clear. We do all sorts of interesting stuff up here. I'll see if I can get my lady friend to come out too. You'd like her. She's a CO at the county jail 2 counties north of us.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby marc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:43 am

I will be around now while you are here, didn’t want to drive to Georgia by myself for the pig hunt this year. Just not a fan of solo 18 hour drives anymore.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery