Skip to content

Yohons doe and Randys bow...

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

Yohons doe and Randys bow...

Postby Yohon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Last fall when I was hunting with Randy I got to handle a bunch of Bear takedowns....I know a shock right? Well he handed me an A riser Dymandwood that as soon as I slid my hand in there I said "if you ever sell this i want first shot at it".......a couple months later it was at my house!!! I messed with it some and quite frankly couldnt get it to shoot really good. Mostly me because I seem to never get good, consistent arrow flight off a shelf. About Baltimore time one day I had a thought to put a feather rest on there. Mounted it all up and never got to mess with it till I took it to Baltimore. Rigged it up one morning with my #3 limbs, got the brace height and nock point about where it should be and walked down to the practices range. I can still remember that first shot going in the hole I was looking at...."well that was a fluke" I thought but after shooting a course and getting compliments from Randy and Mike on how good I was shooting it and how quiet it was I thought maybe I had something. Turns out the bow shot great, so good I got paranoid and took really good measurements, wrote them down where I wouldnt forget em and let the bow spend the hot summer in the cool den vs the sauna of my garage!! I figured I treat it well then it'll return the favor some September.

Its been a hot summer and I didnt have much desire to sit in the heat.....but because your addicted to this goofy stuff you go anyway :lol: It was slightly cooler the other night and a good wind made for an interesting sit for deer going from bedding to a standing corn. I hadnt got in the tree when a fawn went walking by....hey at least I saw one!!! An hour or so later two big does come running by me and stop 25 yards away and commenced to beatin up each other!! I was quiet and you could hear there hooves beating on one another as they stood on hindlegs, they did it several time each time getting closer and closer and finally almost under me. One of the does stood perfect and the 2016/vpa went right into the pocket.....now mind you I did not make a shot that I am very proud of but Im sure because of Randys mojo that dang bow just shot itself and that deer didnt stand a chance!!!!
12 steps from the tree
Less than 50 yards away, that riser lays on another victim ;) Sorry for the crappy cell phone pixs....
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Yohons doe and Randys bow...

Postby lostaro » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Fine show sir! Good way to start things out ;)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Fine job dude! BTW... that's not "Randy's bow". I cashed the check so its "Yohon's Bow"

Either way, that's not the first carcass that bow has laid on.

Remember this one?

11-29 buck.jpg
11-29 buck.jpg (230.59 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Doubt that's the last carcass it will be photographed with.....plenty of carcasses? carcusses? carci? will probably adorn that chunk of wood in the near future. ;)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:31 am

Awesome!
One of those Bears is on my list !

Nice work Yohon ....
BEN MAHER

Postby Yohon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:10 am

I sure do Randy, there is a pix of just the bow and buck that shows up all the time on my screen saver all the time.....incentive :D

"carci" I like that ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:55 am

Nice! Good eats :mrgreen:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 am

I had to scroll to the pics first and thought to myself, when did Yohon start shooting orange fletch ? :) Nice job Bud !
I am taking a friend out this evening, we are going to an "urban honeyhole" he is in a wheelchair and I am going to climb above his ground blind and try and get video of him if he gets a shot---- I AM NOT TAKING MY BOW !!!! :roll: :(
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Mann » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:09 am

Good job Yohon!
You cant tell from his picture but I bet Randy smiled at it for ya! :lol:
Mann

Postby MOUNTER » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:59 am

NICE!!

Makes me wonder if it's the bow or the injun's????? :)
MOUNTER

Next

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum