Skip to content

anthony camera?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

anthony camera?

Postby savage1 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:09 am

I read on another forum today about an author by this name and then they refer to him as "Viper".
The book is "shooting the ilf bow".

Is this the same guy I have read about here??
They think good of this guy on the other forum.
Maybe not the same guy?
Lou
savage1

Re: anthony camera?

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:12 am

Yes, it's the same fellow.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby 4nolz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:23 am

he's an internet genius still waiting on bona fides
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby rallison » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 am

Yeah, I'm on "that site" also...some will call him out, which is always fun, but for most...he's apparently a god. Not THE God, but a god...perhaps a minor deity?

I gotta admit...most of his drivel and self-importance is a bit chuckle worthy......OK.....I'll leave it at that.
rallison

Postby reddogge » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:47 am

He published a book "Shooting the Stickbow" a few years ago and I found it to be a good reference book myself. Covers about everything you'd want to know about stickbows, strings, tuning, string making, specs, etc. It's a very good book for a beginner I would imagine but I use it more for the data in it.

I understand he is working on one about ILFs. To me that would take up a chapter in his other book but no more. I mean how much can you say about ILF? Snap the limbs in, tiller, snap them out and put other limbs in.
reddogge

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun May 15, 2016 7:45 pm

One thing that is nice is he is there to prey on the newbies.... I mean help the newbies. He really does put forth an effort to help the greenhorns, even in a narcissistic way. :lol: If he could get a few of his facts straight, that would be great. Maybe actually show up to an event. Try to find a picture of him anywhere.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: anthony camer

Postby BEN MAHER » Wed May 18, 2016 6:17 am

A. Being correct doesn't make you an expert. It just means that you have probably read it somewhere.
B. Viper doesn't need to show a presence, turn up at a tourney or provide a photo . That's what his students do ... If only we could find them.
C. His archery talk chat with Rick McKinney was just plain Ol' internet gold .....
D. He is a condascening wanker . I loved his feather advice to me on my Asiatic Water buffalo hunting rig ... I didn't need all that feather nor arrow weight , I just needed to tune my arrows properly or some such . Mind you he doesn't hunt ... But still ....
BEN MAHER

Postby jeffhalfrack » Sun May 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Didn't we burn that book in a camp fire???,,,,,,,and all it did was attract those green turd eating flys?? JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon May 23, 2016 9:50 pm

That was fun. Next year we have to get together at Baltimore again.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby jeffhalfrack » Tue May 24, 2016 7:47 pm

You. Got that right!!,,,,,,this year was out,,,it's my plan to get back on track,,,I've been going to the Indy 500,,,,with a circle of friends that goes back to kindergarten,,,,I was done last year the 99th running,,,,,,,but what the heck I need to be at the 100th!!,,,,,,,,,and I have been losing friends lately,,,so time spent is very dear to me. JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum