Skip to content

Royal Ebony veneers

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Royal Ebony veneers

Postby Robertfishes » Mon May 02, 2016 5:56 pm

I just got some good clear glass( I hope). I have been saving this Ebony for at least a year..time to use it.. Image
Robertfishes

Re: Royal Ebony veneers

Postby Stykshooter » Mon May 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Those are going to make a beautiful set of limbs!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby bearauto11 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 pm

That is great looking stuff.
bearauto11

Postby Kirkll » Sun May 08, 2016 8:17 am

I wish that stuff didn't turn so black under glass. The last guy that wanted ebony under glass i just told him i wouldn't do it. Every time i've tried it i was disappointed..... Good luck on that bro...
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Robertfishes » Mon May 09, 2016 11:18 am

Kirk, I know what you mean..I am hoping the brown stays brown. I wiped some denatured alcohol on a scrap piece and it looked good.
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 am

Haven't glued up the limbs yet...had to start a longbow and then some guy ran into me while I was stopped at a red light, hoping to resume bow work soon.
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:51 am

Things keep happening to keep me out of the shop.. I still need to glue up these limbs..I did finish building a longbow and am almost done with a Bear riser repair I started back in May. I really need to work on my house before hunting season starts in September..need new A/C, New door, soffitt and fascia, gutters?, paint, steps and hand rail, etc... I'm gonna have an aluminum contractor do the soffitt and fascia, painters for the paint..I'll do the rest myself.
Robertfishes

Postby Yohon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:52 pm

At least you waited till it warmed up a little down there :lol: :lol: :lol: My moms been complaining about the heat and when an old lady complains about the heat in Fl....its HOT 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Robertfishes » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:17 pm

got the painter and soffit guys lined up.. the A/C unit is here for me to install this weekend..but it looks like I will be making a custom sized door, I have some 8/4 Cocobolo that would look awesome but I think I'll save that for another day..
Robertfishes

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery