Skip to content

While I'm in Florida

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: While I'm in Florida

Postby Yohon » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:28 am

Ben...I was thinking the same thing LOL!!!!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Robertfishes » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:57 am

I made Jinks a set of ILF short limbs back in September and he still has them, is that a record??. The Bear bows he now has are all nice and I think he will keep one of the risers and 3 sets of limbs. He will be at the TBOF shoot next weekend and I think he might bring the Brand new riser with the Brandon Stahl limbs..but it would be cool if he shoots the limbs I made him for his DAS elite riser..
Robertfishes

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:39 pm

You bet that's a record.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby 4nolz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 am

I've quit going to AT and TT literally because of that I haven't been there for months probably.I thought he was shooting a BJ bow.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby MOUNTER » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:04 am

Sweet bow Styk.. Black & white Ebony?

My first two trad kills ( young doe and a 60lb little porky) were with a Bear hunter T/D. Horrible shooting bow! I've since shot a few different models I liked. Gotta try one of those "fancy" latch bows some time...
MOUNTER

Postby Robertfishes » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:21 am

So how did the Bear tour go? Did Neal put you guys to work? They have so many trad bow orders they need more quality workers.. I went to the PBS low country boil last night, filled up on shrimp, sausage, corn and potatos.. Going solo again today, but Helen will be with me for Saturday's banquet..
Robertfishes

Postby Yohon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 am

From the pixs sytkshooter sent I hope he wore them baggy pants!!!!! Sounds like he was impressed for sure.....
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:01 pm

I had a great time in Florida!

Thursday morning started off with Penny meeting us for breakfast at a diner and getting to talk with him, put a name with a face for a couple of hours. Good time and I appreciate him taking the time to ride over to meet us.

We left Penny and rode to the Bear factory where Neil had arranged for a private tour of the facility for us. They met us at the door, treated us like royalty and spent about two hours showing us racks of Montanas, Super Kodiaks, Black Beauties, and of course..... take downs. We were all impressed with the amount of individual hand work that goes into each bow. Some of you bowyers would be in awe at the stacks of laminations laid up ready to go into the forms. They were running off Super Kodiaks at that time and laminations were laid up for the limbs in a stack about five foot high and eight feet long.... all ground and tapered for various draw weights.

The guys were great and as we left I handed Neil one of my hand made side quivers. He later e-mailed me a thank you along with a photo of it laying on a desk in Fred's old office.

quiver.jpg
quiver.jpg (131.12 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Then on to the P.B.S. banquet. I had a blast as usual.... attending some great seminars, congregating with some of the finest bowhunters in the world, eating well and enjoying some cold adult beverages. Exactly what I was expecting! The only down side was it, as always, ended way too soon.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Robertfishes » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Sounds like you had a good tour and good time at the PBS event. I made it to the Thursday low country boil, all day friday, and the Saturday night banquet. I don't know if we ran into each other at any time or not? Saturday night Helen was with me at the Saturday night dinner banquet, we were at the same table as the "Wensel Brothers".
Robertfishes

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery