Skip to content

Wrist strap/finger release... release

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Wrist strap/finger release... release

Postby Mann » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Must be something on my end
All I get is a youtube link and a link that takes me to some kind of home improvement site :?:
Mann

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Weird question. Is it any louder?
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm

tj,

I never really thought about it--until I read your question. I went out in garage and shot a few arrows with a couple different outfits. I don't have any way of actually measuring it, but it may just be a bit louder, but not enough to be concerned about.

Another interesting thing I noticed. The impact of my arrows is no different than if I was shooting my regular tab.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:26 am

I know its obviously different than a normal release. But the only reason I asked is because every time ive messed around with clipping a release on a trad bow, it gets like 2-3x louder unless im I'm just crazy.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:03 pm

I altered mine a bit today; going to try 3-under for a while. So far.... so good.

"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby rallison » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Jim...I like that. I haven't ordered one yet, but thought after years of 3-under, the single finger contact would take some gettin' used to. Your model looks good.
rallison

Postby marc » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:22 am

I have been playing with mine a bit and so far I like it but I can only shoot it 1 under. Seems that it really increased my gaps too so if I stick with it I will be going to a set gap to get my point on back at 30 yards or so. It is weird that this allows me to shoot by normal hunting bows totally pain free, 3 under I stll have some shoulder pain since the surgery.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:53 pm

I ordered one and have been playing with it, but I'm going to have to make a longer strap for it. When I put it on my wrist so it's secure, the end of the strap that goes on the bow string is in the middle of my palm so I have to curl my hand way to much to get the end of the strap on the string.

I talked to Roger via email who says he's going to have some out some with 1-1/2" strap for 3 under shooters.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Paul,

It doesn't have to fit your wrist tight. I'd suggest loosening it up until you get the length right on the tab.

marc,

I took mine apart and resewed the strap with bow string material. It puts it more in line with my middle finger so it's not pulling down on the string. Roger has his new one available for 3-under and I notice he changed the angle of the strap. I ordered that one too. :)

Here's a pic of his new 3-under one. It will be available in a LH and RH model.

Talon 3.jpg
Talon 3.jpg (107.52 KiB) Viewed 2111 times

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby marc » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:41 am

I like the look of that one Jim. Looks like I have to order another one!
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery