Skip to content

Installing plugs into hose

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Installing plugs into hose

Postby Marcb » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:33 am

I received my hose and plugs and other parts to make my limb form But didn't get any instructions for installing the plugs. They're from Bingham'. Looks like one clamp on the very end does the second go around the hour glass shape or the bottom?
Marcb

Re: Installing plugs into hose

Postby Robertfishes » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:55 pm

I put the plug into the hose leaving an 1/2" hose past end of plug.. I always put one in the center of hourglass..in the thinnist part and the other one towards the outer edge where its milled round with grooves
Robertfishes

Re: Installing plugs into hose

Postby Marcb » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Robertfishes wrote:I put the plug into the hose leaving an 1/2" hose past end of plug.. I always put one in the center of hourglass..in the thinnist part and the other one towards the outer edge where its milled round with grooves

Thanks IIappreciate it. Figured it was best to ask and be safe than our a plug through the wall
Marcb

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery