Skip to content

A little archery history

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

A little archery history

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 am

Dating myself a little here, but back in the early to late '80's, I shot for Hoyt. Actually, it was Hoyt/Easton back then. A pretty cool gig for awhile but I kind of lost interest in the compound game and switched over to traditional bows full time in 1989, and haven't looked back.

I was going through some old paperwork this morning and ran across a bunch of files and correspondence from Hoyt from back in the day. I thought this document was pretty interesting. It is dated 1988 and is an update to all of the pros, staff shooters and dealers at the time announcing the release of a 65% let off energy wheel! Everything had been 30% & 50% up until then. Of course, everything is about 80%-85% now and I doubt many bows are even made with 65% let off any more. I thought it was interesting.....

Hoyt document 001-2.jpg
Hoyt document 001-2.jpg (132.88 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: A little archery history

Postby lostaro » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Started working at the local archery store about that time.....changed out a blue-million Hoyt bows to the ''new" wheels. Couldn't get them fast enough....65% let off WOW that will change the industry. If we only knew...
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum