Skip to content

metal recurve build

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: metal recurve build

Postby Sixby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks Gino. The joint in the leopard wood is so good you cannot even see it. On the accents how do you taper from three pieces down to a super fine point like you have. that is what was really giving me fits. Are all three of the accent pieces pre tapered to 0 ? If you do this kind of work its like magic when you start really examining it . thats why I'm asking. Thanks again for being so kind and generous with your knowledge and sharing it. Steve
Sixby

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:33 pm

steve- yes, they all taper to 0.... i built a .007 taper sled and feather them down to nothing.... well the inside macassar accent next to the zebra and the osage.... i leave a little meat on the outside macassar to help with clamping during glue-up.... then i feather it out just like you would a wedge.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Henry McCann » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Gino your welcome and Bill, thanks for the welcome to the Bowyer's gallery!
Henry McCann

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs