Skip to content

Learning three under

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Learning three under

Postby Bender » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Generally, (but not as a hard and fast rule) all that is required with the bow is to go to a slightly higher nock point. Say add 1/8" to 1/4" and probably add a second nock set to the string to go beneath the arrow nock.

However if that doesn't help a noticeable amount right there, you may want to readdress tuning in its entirety. This could be due to some sort of form change.

Retillering should never be "necessary" to make the switch. Unless a bow is a real POS, and truly built wrong, you should always be able to get a one piece bow to tune for the switch. The only consideration being that 3 under on a bow tillered for split may prove to be somewhat louder.

Sure on an ILF bow you get to play with tiller unlike a one piece, and change tiller to suite whether shooting split or 3 under. That ability to make that adjustment enables the shooter to do some finer tuning. You can play with balance of the bow as it is loaded against the bow hand during the draw, and what the bow does upon release.
Bender

Postby Petaluma Pete » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Oh Hell,
I went the wrong way. I lowered the knocking point trying to adjust for three under.Totally screwed thing up.
I just got two new strings from Rick Barbee in the mail today. I'll set them up with the higher knock point and see how it works.
Petaluma Pete

Postby whump » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Whump sez; say bro--saw your handle--what ever happened to that whale with the same name , did you guys bust him in the ass with a 12ga to get him to move on or did he make it back out to sea without violence ?
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum