Skip to content

No one shooting?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

No one shooting?

Postby Hank » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Are you all having secret bale meetings behind our backs or something?

pluck away! :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Re: No one shooting?

Postby Bender » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:24 am

Just practicing for coming Indoor.

Was playing with different strings, and silencers in order to suck the life out of the bow and get a 20 yd point on. Once again I must conclude that cat whiskers basically suck.
Bender

Postby topcamp » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:00 am

thursday saw bartosheskie...yohon......doug and i playing with yohon's new whippenstick................fine tuning missles down range..........over at stag haven.............that's barto's spread down here on the shore. i even held my own against barto that day from one of his skyscraper towers with 3d targets surrounding it............tree stand practice.............then we all headed to the edges of his massive piece of deer heaven..........of course the sikas..bugled..........the whitetail does blew and stomped..............the purple of the coming night crept in from the east with the ever increasing wind...........

barto came and picked me up at the turnip patch from the dark and we went and gathered the training wheel boys ......[ you fricking believe i went hunting with yohon while he carred his wheeeeeeelllllllllieeeeee bow......damn i must like that younguuuunnnn]............but must admit ......the whippenstick and he just need a little more tweaking before it comes on line........................

one of the best afternoons of hanging with a couple of my best buds that i've had in a long long long time..............yeah we're shooting.................even though barto feels i have torn something in my upper bow arm inside bicep.........probably from not doing enough warmup stretches.........that's what really brings my shooting to a stop these days as it comes on big time after i've gone through a couple dozen looses................like i said before.........this getting old crap is not for the weak of heart..............
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby Ranger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:03 am

Still shooting at the backyard range, but still spending most of my free time chasing deer in the woods trying to shoot at them.
'Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'
Ranger

Postby rwsbow » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:42 am

Still shoot "almost" every day..(when the weather is nice).. in the backyard... am done hunting for the season, a small doe in the freezer shot with the longbow from Hank :D ..no recurve deer this year :cry: ...made some cedar longbows for the grandkids..experimenting with some new fletching materials that so far are working extremely well..still gotta test more with broadheads, though..good flight,cheap,easy,waterproof and no fletching jig required..grandkids go through too many arrows to fletch with feathers..little heathens need to spend more time looking for arrows ! :P

Crappy day yesterday and today..kinda chilly, snow flurries and windy...suppose to be nice tomorrow so will get to shoot some..waiting for the holidays to get over with!!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Yohon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Congrats on the longbow deer Roger.....shoot it from the shed like that one a few years ago 8-) ;)

Think I got the Inferno on track.....I need to "listen" to what the bow is trying to tell me 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Shooting almost every day... hunting almost every day..... love the late season!

Took a little time away from the longbow to stock the freezer with squirrels w/ a .22. Had forgotten how much fun an nice afternoon in the woods is with my sons and some accurate .22's.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby rwsbow » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Nope, John...but almost as bad...about 13 yards off the rear porch of a friend's house..doe was munching on turnip greens in the garden... :oops: Wish I could tell a wild, exciting story but ...NOPE..but it was the first deer I've shot a with a "LONGBOW" in 41 years..still hooked on recurves, but just seemed like I had to take one more with a longbow to fulfill the bucket list...

Life is good..... :)
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Yohon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:33 am

"Life is good..... :) "

Thats good to hear Roger!!!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:46 am

rwsbow - are you using those "shrink to fit" fletchings? I've tried some of those and they seem to work pretty well. Once you get the water to boil you can fletch a dozen arrows in about 10 minutes. I've experimented with all kinds of fletching and fletching patterns, but I seem to be slowly moving back to the basics - 3 fletch and enough point weight to move the balance point of the arrow about 2/3rds of the way down toward the point. I had been shooting 4 fletch, but when I went out yesterday I lost one of the 4 and it improved arrow flight - WTF?
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum