Skip to content

Kids Longbow Build-Along

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Kids Longbow Build-Along

Postby bigbob2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 am

Howdy there Rod, I finally made my way on here now, learning heaps. Yeah same Bigbob
bigbob2

Postby jmichelin84 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Hey guys i know this thread has been long over with, but im wondering the PSI that you put into your hose os that the LBS you come out with?? and how do you guys get heat into the molds??
jmichelin84

Postby jmichelin84 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Great build along, im goign to try my hand at a laminated bow and was wonderign how you guys do the poundage? i mean its not like a stave bow where you remove wood, i want to build a 60 to 64 inch R/D long bow thats 50 to 55 @ 28 inches
jmichelin84

Postby TimZeigler » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 am

I'm not sure how the more experienced builders guestimate their weight on a new form, but I'd use Binghams charts for a jump off point for a particular style of bow, and then try to massage it according to any changes you may have implemented ie; riser length, power lams, limb profile changes.
TimZeigler

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 am

TimZeigler wrote:I'm not sure how the more experienced builders guestimate their weight on a new form, but I'd use Binghams charts for a jump off point for a particular style of bow, and then try to massage it according to any changes you may have implemented ie; riser length, power lams, limb profile changes.

What he said

Dave
arrowlauncherdj

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs