Skip to content

One lump or two?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: One lump or two?

Postby whump » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Whump sez; I will try to get a few photos up of the breaks and I think we are thinking the same thing on the failure. Also 4nolz made a good point about the amount of riser wood needed around the bolt area and those are the large size bolts- I am pretty sure. After I post a few pics 4nolz can give us the skinney on the amount of wood if it is lacking. If he uses them with success then he has a better idea of the problems with them.I will take a few pics tonoght but I am going to sssneak up on the bastards to take them--they could still be dangerous! The only thing I am sure of is that the old saying--I am going to knock a knot on your head and knock it off---BS--it just makes a bigger knot. Ok Jack---Shoot Safe.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby whump » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:25 am

Ok here are the hoodlums!
Attachments
new folder 032.jpg
new folder 032.jpg (196.93 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby whump » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 am

Ok 4nolz--whats the scoop?
Attachments
new folder 033.jpg
new folder 033.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
whump

Postby TommyBoy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 am

Man, that stinks. What sort of weight ya shootin' bro?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
TommyBoy

Postby TommyBoy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:41 am

Ok, I have to see a picture of the lumps too.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
TommyBoy

Postby Bender » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I have an "opinion" that the one on the bottom in the first photo, on the right in second photo had insufficient support. Not enough wood and too big an assembly. But no clue on the other one. Especially odd how it blew out to the side. I'm going to go with the insufficient glue idea.
Bender

Postby whump » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Whump Sez; Shooting 53lb at 28 and 680gn golgtips Tommy. I think you are right Bender I had a glue failure and too little wood for support, and boy it sucked the big one. Common 4nolz--give up the info-- I like to look at your avatar. Hunt safe
whump

Postby Feral Donkey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Feral Donkey sez; man, that sucks! Sorry to hear 2 of your bows got trashed and you got all beat up! I wouldn't trust those bow bolts fer nuthin.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby stagmitis » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 pm

stagmitis

Postby KCummings » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 am

Kev sez; Good thing you cant your bow!!

:o

KPC
Attachments
broken walnut.jpg
broken walnut.jpg (60.87 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum