Skip to content

2010 big and small game pictorial.

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

2010 big and small game pictorial.

Postby Feral Donkey » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:26 am

Make sure there's a good story to go with it. If I ever get this house done, I'll see if I can make a contribution too. ;) I put the '09 thread in the Pirate Booty Call.

Please note that the pictures you post here, you should try to have the tongues hanging out and blood be visible. This is not a mortuary. We're not going to give these animals an open casket funeral. This is real life and in real life things die. Every living thing lives off the death of something else. We are not trying to please the PETA crowd here. Actually, it's better if we scare them away. So if you can, please take a hero pic with the real life stuff like blood and protruding tongues for posting here before you give it a bath and put it in its best suit and take your other sanitized, PETA friendly hero pics. If you forgot, then oh well, just post what pictures you got. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: 2010 big and small game pictorial.

Postby mike robin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:50 am

heres a couple -- a doe i shot on long island,ny[montauk]
and a hog from the spring
chicks dig me
mike robin

Postby Keener » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Here is my first doe of the year.

Story in Bowhunters forum.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!

Postby Apex Predator » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:49 am

It's been slow for me this year.

Apex Predator

Postby 10BOWS » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Nice pics guys,keep 'em coming!! Good shooting BIG MIKE! CONGRATS to all!!

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 pm

When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.

Postby Salty Gnome » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:23 pm

26 yard head shot...

Salty Gnome

Postby Jesse Minish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Wish I would have got some pics of the blood trail!

Jesse Minish

Postby AMB » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 pm

45# Stallion
190gr. Simmons Interceptor
25yd shot, 60yd recovery
1st attempt at video too!

Postby jwillis » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

Daniel Makes Meat
My son Daniel called last night. Mom answered the phone and asked "where are you?" He said, "I'm standing next to a nice eight-point buck I just shot with my bow." He brought it out to hang it up and butcher it on our basketball goal that doubles as a meat pole. We live in a sub-division of five acre lots, so the neighbors aren't really close but within sight. I'm not sure if they are shocked or thrilled to see the raw meat getting butchered on several weekends during deer seasons.

Daniel has been watching this buck and several other bigger ones in his hunting spot northeast of Columbia, Missouri. He has exclusive access to this area, so he has just been patiently waiting for his chance. The weather was perfect...sunny, cool, and clear with a slight breeze out of the southwest. He said when he first gets into his tree stand he always pulls his bow back and shoots an imaginary deer at about 10 yards. He said he had only been in his tree stand about 20 minutes, when this buck walked right to that place where he test draws his bow...he shot it quartering away into the left side, through both lungs, and out the other side. Maybe the deer was trying to figure out was "NFL" meant on Daniel's Actually, he was wearing a camo sweatshirt. The arrow stayed in the deer and he watched the deer trot away and die within 30 yards. He saw it go down, so he immediately went to the deer to admire it. He said this is his first trophy buck with a stickbow.

Daniel has shot trad gear all of his life and is a deadly shot. Obviously, I'm biased but those who shot with Daniel at Walk-the-Talk know it is true. He started shooting when he was about three years old using a bent stick with a string made of nylon cord. We bought him one of those red fiberglass kid's bows when he was about five. He shot this buck with his HAMMER Hybrid Longbow that I made in my shop. The bow is 64" ntn, 43#@28, with a cocobolo riser and lacewood veneers under clear glass. His arrow was a 29" sitka spruce woody from Hildebrand Arrows with a 125 grain Zwicky Black Diamond two-blade broadhead. This bow is a bit light in draw weight, but it gets the job done. I want to make him a 60-pounder so he'll get better penetration.

Here's a photo of Daniel at WTT3 last April at Kenro's house in Krakow, Wisconsin. Left to right: Longbow (Dave), Hank, Kirkll, Daniel, and FD.
My bow making blog is live at...

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery