Skip to content

Traveling Build-Along (finished video/pics P21)

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Traveling Build-Along (finished video/pics P21)

Postby Sulphur » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:59 pm

You can never have enough ammo. glad they got there!
Sulphur

Postby VoodooSteve » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:34 am

Crumpled up box??...........Fellas I sent it just as recieved and the box was in great shape when it left here priority, I thought about a bigger and stronger box, but being hurt and the nearest "Box" buying store being 34 miles away, I just sent it as recieved, I'd sure like to see a pic of that box after it got there. hell I might just send Kirks in a plastic bag,lol,lol... just kidding...... I'll send it in an arrow box like I always do...........Glad it got there safe, and ol sasquatch arms didn't pull it in half trying to shoot it,lol,lol........
I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry, like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky, I'll never reach my destination, if I never try, so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry......
VoodooSteve

Postby Kirkll » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:17 am

Hey Steve,

i get razzed a lot building wood crates for my bows. but i've got a buddy that works for UPS side by side with the guys that load the planes. They are not real particular about how that stuff gets thown around, and the ends of those boxes get smashed pretty easy. This is no reflection on you at all bro. These guys that deliver stuff, don't give a damn what the cargo is. it's just a job to them. These light weight boxes get thrown up on top of the loads all the time litterally.

everyone has to be anal about something i suppose. this is one that bothers me a lot, so i hedge my bets. ;)
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby VoodooSteve » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 am

I understand.................. UPS is just a cost effective was of spelling OOPS! I only ship priority and have never had a problem shipping or recieving anything from them, the others, ups, fedex, and dhs......they must have a football field on those planes!!!
I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry, like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky, I'll never reach my destination, if I never try, so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry......
VoodooSteve

Postby Sulphur » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:04 pm

I second that Voodoo, ups is the pitts and the sh%$#. Priority mail by Usps has never let me down, shipping or recieving.
Sulphur

Postby michbowhunter » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Well, I had a nice package in the mail when I got home from work yesterday! :D Kirk, I had my daughter test out you crate building skills....I think you passed the inspection! Thanks for taking the time to crate it up!
The bow looks great guys!!! :D :D :D
Thanks again for all of the work each of you guys put into this...this bow is one of a kind, for sure!
Did someone say that the string was on its way??? If not i'm going to make one in the next couple of days, and shoot the heck out of it!
Kirk, you did a great job on the satin finish....it looks awesome!!! I'll post some pics when I get to shootin it.....thanks again guys!
If you say you can, or you say you can't....you're right!

www.journeymanarchery.com
michbowhunter

Postby Bob L. » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:53 pm

it came cool! keep us updated
Bob L.

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Man I just re-read this whole thread....what a freaking blast :D :D :D :D

Jared.....your girl going to be a Carpenter too? She looks right at home with that impact driver!
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Jared, That is one cute kiddo ya got there, sure shes yours? :D
This sure was a cool deal to be able to be involved in and the fun alot of us had in the process was priceless. It actually brought friends together from distances that they may not have taken time for otherwise.
Jared, I envy you buddy! :mrgreen: you have something now of priceless value that I can only wish to have. That doesnt mean not to use it!!!! It is only a meterial item so have as much fun using it as we all did being involved with its creation. 8-)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby VoodooSteve » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:44 pm

All that work and you fellas send him a bow without a string??..........That's mean I tell ya!! ..............Bow teases!
VoodooSteve

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs