Skip to content

Traveling Build-Along (finished video/pics P21)

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Traveling Build-Along (finished video/pics P21)

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Dick in Seattle wrote:Just to update everyone.... I've sent a pm to Kirk. Not sure what could be wrong. I built it to 58" as told, with a 58" bow in hand for fit testing. I've told Kirk to ship it back here and I'll figure out a fix and then send direct to Jared.

Ahh....there's the mix up. The bow is 63" AMO, it is 59" unstrung, not 59" AMO. DOH!
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Rigs » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 am

Damn Kirk...

The only thing missing from that video was a brass pole for the bow to dance around! With Lenny Kravitz blaring and the sleek lines, I started reaching into my pocket for a dollar... ;)
Happy hunting,
Jason
Rigs

Postby Crooked Stic » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Ah Rigs you are telling on youself :)
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby Sulphur » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey jared i sent you some arrows on Monday (late) they should be there tomorrow. Like a dummy i misplaced the tracking number. Holler when they show up.
Sulphur

Postby jwillis » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 pm

wow, that bow really, really looks good. Everyone did excellent work on it. You can be very proud! :) Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kirkll » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:16 am

Sorry for the delay shipping this out to you Jared. i lost a day completely yesterday. Between my wife flying in from Michagan. and my daughter heading out for Korea, it pretty much ate the whole day.

i'll be crating this thing up, and shipping it out today.
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Rigs » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 am

Ah Rigs you are telling on youself

Okay Mike, Okay... There was this one time... ;)
Happy hunting,
Jason
Rigs

Postby Kirkll » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey Rigs,

Doing video with un ugly mug like mine after Jareds video, is a hard act to follow bro. :lol:

Well the bow is on it's way Jared. :D if you see any water spots on it, it was the result of the tears i shed boxing it up. :cry: hated to see that baby leave the ranch bro. What really tore me up was this afternoon the string Chad built for it came in. :shock: Damn....i could have held off till monday and taken that thing for a trial run this weekend on a trail shoot. :lol: :lol: Naw..... i wouldn't do that to you bro. ;)

your case is heading back to Dick for a little alteration too. evidently there was a mix up on how long the bow really was.

Let us know when she gets there and you'll need a screwdriver to open the crate bro. there wasn't no way in hell i was putting that thing back in that crumpled up box. How do you guys do that and sleep well at night? put a $1000 dollars worth of beautiful work in a dad burn flimsy cardboard box.???? are you guys friggin nuts? if i showed you a picture of the box it came in you would NOT be happy.
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby michbowhunter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks Kirk for taking the time to crate that bow....I am 99% sure I’ll be going to WTT, so I’ll bring the bow with me for everyone to shoot! :D I never did get that TC bow...I guess that turned out to be a good thing (for me anyway). You guys have shown a lot of class and that's much appreciated! Thanks again guys for all the hard work! :D
If you say you can, or you say you can't....you're right!

www.journeymanarchery.com
michbowhunter

Postby michbowhunter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Sulphur wrote:Hey jared i sent you some arrows on Monday (late) they should be there tomorrow. Like a dummy i misplaced the tracking number. Holler when they show up.

I did get the arrows yesterday...they look great! Thank you. Can't wait to shoot them! :D
If you say you can, or you say you can't....you're right!

www.journeymanarchery.com
michbowhunter

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs