Skip to content

Black Widow Longbows

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Black Widow Longbows

Postby Crooked Stic » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 pm

And that Bw is 49 only if you pull 28 in. One lb. aint gonna matter, I would re-mark it and go hunting. Unless you just need an excusse to get a new bow :o :D
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby PAarcher » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:36 am

Hey! What are you doing trying to talk the man out of new bow?! Shame on you. :lol:
"If you want to see the crazies come out, just stick your dick in it." Feral Donkey-2013
PAarcher

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:51 am

The more I think about it one of the turn offs for me is all the preload, I shot a Morrision ( beautiful bow) but I dont like alot of "early" weight in my draw. I have heard that bows designed with that type of draw are good performers but just not comfortable for me. I seem to remember the Widow beign the same. As I said I would definatley shoot one first.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Quint » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:10 am

I've found them noisy and not real easy to quiet in the past and from photos of those for sale the last couple of years on various forums I see them mostly with 2 sets of silencers. There goes any additional speed. They sure are pretty though,but pretty isn't everything.
Quint

Postby boxxer06 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:40 am

Take a good look at at (lostcreekbows.com) great bow and a great bow.FAST as anything out on the market and he will build you a bow in just a few weeks.PETE WARD did 2 reviews on this bow and speaks highly of them!!!!!AND A REALLY GREAT PRICE
boxxer06

Postby VoodooSteve » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:51 am

Mr. Gowans, We have a member here that was a dyed in the wool widow shooter for 18 years, his handle is larry247, and is one of the best shots I have ever seen, he has won many state championships, and local ones too, and is also on the board of ATAR, the man spent years shooting different bows trying to find something better, he did, and I suggest you contact him and ask his personal opinion on these bows,he doesn't come here often, but does spend some time on the LW, he is a straight shooter, and will tell you how it is, in my opinion,based on my personal shooting experiences with them, they are fine bows but there are better out there, and at a lower price too, I would love to recommend some of the very good bowyers we have here,they build some beautiful bows, but I have not had the pleasure of shooting any of them except for Ferals, and I don't think he built it, and the one Mike Baker built me, now I have no Idea what he charges for them, but the one I have is one of the very best I have ever shot, and until I can get caught back up enough to build myself a new one it will be my #1.......it is that good.
I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry, like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky, I'll never reach my destination, if I never try, so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry......
VoodooSteve

Postby DocNTX » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 am

I have owned a BW longbow in the past and shot it for a couple of years. They are certainly well made bows. However, you need to shoot one before you drop the cash. BW did have a try before you buy program, not sure if they still do. As for me, I traded mine and went back to my 21st century, the BW and I just never hit it off.

Doc
"Beer is proof that God wants man to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
DocNTX

Postby ChetterB » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 pm

There is nothing wrong with a BW longbow I have one and shoot it well, very well made. I will also say you recieved some excellent advice from Marc and Parcher. Ken at whippenstick.com builds an excellent longbow I know cause I have one of those as well. There is a bow out there for each one of us -- it just takes time and money to find them -- good luck. Jerry
ChetterB

Postby oscar » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 pm

There is a bow out there for each one of us -- it just takes time and money to find them

Ain't that the truth!
There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
oscar

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery