Skip to content

WTT 4.....When & Where?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

WTT 4.....When & Where?

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Ok...so the wife started bringing up vacation plans for next year and I started thinking we're nearly half-way to next years WTT. I'd really hate to be stuck in some amusement park while you guys are shooting bows & eating Aaron's chicken :roll: .

Since Ken kicked us out of his place ;) maybe we can start hammering out where and when it's gonna be?
Last edited by BK in TEXAS on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Re: WTT 4 ???????????

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:51 pm

hehehe....

Jim? Kirk?
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 pm

BK in Wisconsin wrote:Since Ken kicked us out of his place maybe we can start hammering out where and when it's gonna be?

LMAO!!!! Nahh Man I didnt kick you guys out!! :lol: You all can come back any time ............to VISIT!!!!!!!!! :lol: infact if yall want to have a pirate reunion here, Id be totally into that :D But "Walk the talk", was meant to be a traveling event. I was flattered to be asked to do it twice but thats it!! Its time to pass the torch on to someone else.(think i said that somewhere before :? )
If I had to nominate someone or we voted as to who was going to get it next, Id nominate Jim Thorne to host WTT 4. To me Jimbo seems the most "scientifically" motivated by what the contest has been evolved into and has done IMO the most to foward the event into bigger and better things. Not that there arent a few others of you that would make great WTT hosts and are really into all this "bowtivation" but Jim just goes to greatest lengths to give WTT solid roots! :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Howattman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:58 pm

You guys need to come west....Oregon, Montana, Idaho, or Washington. ;)
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby Kenro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 am

Kirkll wrote:With all the advertizement Trad Tech and LAS got, might as well give it to them them next year. Two full commercials on the CD was a bit much. IMO

Cant help but sense the sarcasim in that last post. so after a brief phone conversation with Ben, Ben said to tell you that "YOU got alot more advertisement than LAS did".and to "record something over those comercials if you dont like them". dont know what to tell ya and as Im sure you know theres no way to change it now. And I KNOW Ben aint gonna help us again on this one. And again in reguards to my answer to your PM..... Id hardly call it much of an advertisement anyway when its only going out to the partys involved in WTT III . and again in reguards to my PM answer I really didnt have squat to do with what Ben did or how he put it together. He didnt seem like he even wanted to take any of my suggestions after viewing the rough drafts so again my hands were completely out of it. Bens defense to the remark was he was just trying to give the video a little more professional look.

OK? Im done playing middle man for something I dont want anything to do with.
(smoking guns)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Feral Donkey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:57 am

If you're coming down this weekend, bring me a copy of that. I'll have cash, rum, and mixer ready for you. And your makita charger is still on my kitchen counter.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Kenro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:37 am

Kirkll wrote:i offered to host this thing on a different thread if i could get it worked out, but it doesn't sound like i'm qualified in your opinion.

WRONG!!!! :lol:
remember this statement?
Kenro wrote:Not that there arent a few others of you that would make great WTT hosts and are really into all this "bowtivation" but Jim just goes to greatest lengths to give WTT solid roots!

Guess who was a very close second choice? ;)
and its not a matter even picking one person to me, I really dont even care who gets it from here, only real reason I started nominating a certain name is because by thread title it was as though it were implied that we need search for next host. thats it, nothing more, nothing less. So please dont read into that for anything or anyone else for that matter.
and when Ben said about advertising anything HE was the one responding sarcastically back, not me. Ben did ask me to get back to him with your guys feedback on the vid. and I did, and then gave him fair voice back as he cannot defend himself cuz hes not on line.(internet)

I dont know that I agree about LAS coming in to "steal any show" from WTT. Those guys have been nothing but really cool to me and have done things to help us further WTT. I was able to talk with Lee a bunch at Comptons this year and kind of felt out only good intentions from them. Besides , I dont think that we do really much to advertise them being as grand a scale as they already are. were pretty small potatoes to them. And no one can "make us" "comercialize" anything. This event is only what it is and what the participants allow it to be. if the consensus was that we didnt like where it was going and got "took over" by the "big guy" we could very easily not participate and again be back to whatever size group we wanted to be. I think more than anything each "next host" will decide how big or small WTT is.
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:45 am

I like that last statement Ken, cause frankly... I was never interested in throwing a huge event and have pretty much become intimidated by living up to the fantastic show you put on! Deeeammmmm! So..with that said, If I ever host it..I am looking more at shooting bows off a machine through a chrono to see how they stack up...

I had advertisement on the second WTT... and thought it was kinda cool.. didn't have anything to do with a bunch of people seeing the ad either.... just cool. Trad Tech deserved some mention for sure.... I think you are right (or ben is) ..it probably spiced up the disk a bit.

Ken... did I not get on that original list? I haven't heard squat about getting a vid...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:57 am

Hornseeker wrote:Ken... did I not get on that original list? I haven't heard squat about getting a vid...

Yup, got plenty of vids here waiting to mail out to anyone that wants em.
they will be $15.00 shipped. I am taking on the mailing of them this year since I am at the post office twice a week mailing bows anyhow. So you can PM me your address info.
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 am

aw hell Guys, i woke up and read your post, and read what i wrote there last night, and it all just came off wrong. so i just deleted it .

Ben did an outstanding job, and Lee is a great guy, and LAS supported our event. Jim would do a great job as a host, and i was sincere in seconding the nomination. i'm with Ernie in that it''s going to be a hard act to follow. that's what i was getting at there too.

i had no intentions of stiring the shit here at all guys, or being sarcastic.

so i'll just retract all statements and turn the volume down on the commercials like i do watching TV. :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk