Skip to content

Speed Boy

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

Speed Boy

Postby Hank » Wed May 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Since my quadruple bypass I don't push it too much, but now and then I like to nip the edge of the envelope. I still get out and jam on my inline skates a little and recently got some new wheels. I put them on the skates and last saturday night went over to the indoor skating rink to give them a test.

While there they happen to have a race, only 2 laps so I figured i could handle that. Pretty much like a short track ice race. The almost 60 guy against the teenagers.... well they didn't have a chance, blew them off the floor and was lapping some of them on the next to the last turn.

:)

hank skates.JPG
hank skates.JPG (54.53 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Re: Speed Boy

Postby Penny Banks » Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Now that's just cool Hank. Way to go.

I used to love in line skating. After I bought my first up graded bearings and wheels it opened up a whole new world. The bike path around our local airport was an even five miles. I actually got to where I could do two laps winter or summer. Of course that was flat land, real flat.

And that was twenty years ago.
Penny Banks

Postby Hank » Wed May 22, 2013 6:28 pm

My skates are around 20 years old!

Skating doesn't beat you up like running and i like it better than downhill skiing. Gave away all my old ski stuff.

I always enjoyed skating on the bike trails down along the Mississippi River (except sometimes in the summer when it smelled like a sewer :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Penny Banks » Wed May 22, 2013 8:08 pm

An orthopedic surgeon I was seeing got me started. He told me there was no, no exercise to match it for cardio benefits. The down side is the bones that break. My wrist guards were well scarred.
Penny Banks

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call