Skip to content

Flatliner Buckles Up

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

Flatliner Buckles Up

Postby Bender » Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am

Just shot the NFAA National Marked 3D at Redding. Took first in Longbow across all age divisions.

Did some research, found records going back to 2003. Highest score in Longbow to date:
Larry Yien 2004 : 1024
Me 2012 : 1036

Once again there was "drama" amongst the Traditional classes. Seems some folks took upon themselves to go out and shoot from the kiddie stakes. They did post higher scores. So they did place for the Western Classic Trail shoot. But since none of them were actually registered for the Nationals and they didn't follow the rules, their scores don't count for the Nationals.

I think the high point of the shoot for me though was when my wife nailed the spot on Bigfoot at 101 yards. Pretty cool.

I wish I had some pics, but I'm too much into shooting to be diddly farting around with a camera, so I hope you'll cut me some slack.

I'll be posting this in a few other places in a while, but naturally POA is always where I go to first.
Bender

Re: Flatliner Buckles Up

Postby topcamp » Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 pm

you fricking keep this up............ :roll: ........and we're gonna force you to come to baltimore to see if you really are this good.................... :o :twisted:
btw.............way back when i was making a daily living in the ad world with a camera.............i did a shoot in redding once............of all the places in the country ..........including the deep south.........redding was the most red neck .......racist......scariest .......fricking town i ever had to work in...................

awesome that you cleaned house................ :lol: :lol: :lol:
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby Yohon » Mon May 07, 2012 12:55 pm

ATTA BOY Bender 8-) Thats great shooting!!!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Bender » Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Thank you guys!
And hell yeah I would love to make it out East to shoot with you guys! All donations greatfully accepted. :D I need to find more competition!
Long sad story but my first day sucked. Found I was leading Adult Male but trailing Senior Male by 12 points. So I mentally made that guy and my buddy Nico who shoots recurve my "competition." Its like I don't shoot well under pressure, yet I need to have pressure in order to shoot well. Even if I have to manufacture that pressure. (I don't get it either.)
And tc what you sed about Redding is pretty damned accurate. I've been all over the country, and folks out in the Midwest and back East often have really interesting ideas of what Kalifornia is like. Its as if its all one giant LA or San Francisco. Had a guy from Arizona in our group who travels to the Midwest and East to shoot a LOT of IBO. Great guy, we'll hook up with him and his wife again. But he did get a few surprises here, shooting great country on some of the toughest terrain he's ever shot. (Redding is great. There are days where the trail seems like its uphill, BOTH ways.)
Bender

Postby bearauto11 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Congrats, bud. Hopefully I'll see you shooting like that in Petaluma.
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu May 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Bneder ...thats awesome mate !
Well done and deserved to you my fellow Pirate !!!!!

Next time stop concentrating so much so that we can at least get pics !!!
.....talk about selfish ...... :roll:
BEN MAHER

Postby whump » Sun May 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Whump Sez: congratulations Bender!
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby Bender » Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanx Ben, whump. But yo may want to check my new thread here. :D
Bender

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call