Skip to content

First Traditional Gobbler

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

Re: First Traditional Gobbler

Postby superkodiak38 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Congrats !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby kcbrown » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Jim they must be lucky limbs, I really like them. The riser has the profile of a 65 kodiak and the rest/window area is offset to allow for centershot. It has the tradtech hardware and is made of carribean rosewood with black and white glass and phenolic. To tell the truth I have not even finished it all the way out, I got shooting it and liked it so well I have not put it down long enough to get another coat of finish and get it drilled for a rest and quiver bushings.
kcbrown

Postby Mann » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:08 pm

:D :D ILF is kind of strange! I had no idea what it even was until mid 2010, now it is about all I shoot.
Even though it is only a limb attachment system the tunabilty if that is a word is unbeleivable. ;)

When you get that riser finished out let us see some pix!
You going to be at Cloverdale? would like to meet you face to face if you are.
Jim
Mann

Postby kcbrown » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 pm

I do plan to be at Cloverdale, I usually take the fifth wheel to the Cloverdale RV park, usually roll in Thursday evening. Hope to see you there.
kcbrown

Postby Mann » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:13 pm

See you there! :D
Mann

Postby kcbrown » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Sounds like a plan, We usually eat pretty good on Friday and Saturday night usually a pitch in affair so you might want to keep that in mind, dont have nothing we will still feed you, nobody goes home hungry from mine and Becs place. 8-)
kcbrown

Postby whump » Sun May 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Whump Sez; Nice one bro! I think I got as big a thrill out of my first turkey bow kill as my first deer. Pretty cool stuff.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby kcbrown » Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Yes it is Whump, pretty cool indeed. Now if I can get me a fall gobbler now. Give one a shave last season. :D
kcbrown

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call