Skip to content

I gotta go to Wisconsin!

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

I gotta go to Wisconsin!

Postby Lee Vivian » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 am

You cheeseheads have some awesome whitetails! I got an email from Scott Antczak last week with a pic of a buck he shot this season....from the ground....on heavily hunted public land near Milwaukee.....was chasing a doe and never saw Scott, which is pretty amazing considering Scott's size, being a state powerlifting champ....I forgot to ask what setup he used to shoot it...

FD....next season, I'll bring the Yuengling and whatever other food you want to get a chance to hunt for something like that!

Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Re: I gotta go to Wisconsin!

Postby Yohon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Your right Lee about the size of that deer when you consider the size of Scott......HUGE buck!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Kenro » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah I couldnt believe it when I got the text picture on phone!!! :shock: That thing is a freekin horse!!!!!
I belive he was using a hunting colored version of his ILF competition setup.
Wisconsin definately has that kind of deer all over the place but it can be challenging to get on propertys that hold deer like that without paying thousands of dollars in lease fees.
But sometimes during the rut you can get the billwinkle that lives in the neighboring property to venture off of his safe zone. :D

Great job Scott!!!
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Lee Vivian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

You're right Ken. He emailed me and said he used the same setuP
But just camo painted the bow!

Mouth dropped open when he sent me the email!
Lee Vivian

Postby Lee Vivian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:02 am

Yeah, Ken..Scott uses the same setup to hunt that he does with competing...

Spig 650 riser camo painted
46# Winex limbs
clicker
string walks
3L-18 ACC arrows with 2" blazer vanes
Wasp boss 75 gr bullet head broadheads

total arrow weight: 320 grains

public land..on the ground...not bad! probably deadlifted the critter onto his shoulders and carried it out!

Lee
Lee Vivian

Postby whump » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Whump Sez; That is a mule . A very nice deer. Hunt safe.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Awesome! Good for Scott! We have deer like that all over Wisconsin. Like Ken said, it's just getting on the land to hunt them and getting the time in to hunt them. I have a feeling Minnesota is the same and probably Iowa too. The only thing magical about Buffalo county is the magazines make you think it is magical. It's got big farms, it's all private, it costs lots of money for the flat-lander tourists, and it's near the river. If you put that same sort of resort that Rob took Yohon and Joe to in Jackson County, Wisconsin, they would have had the same experience as they had in Buffalo County.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call