Skip to content

Addin to the protein pile......Sat Update ;)

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

Addin to the protein pile......Sat Update ;)

Postby Yohon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Got us some more Sika meat for Baltimore this AM...there is a 2 day gun season goin on and my goal is to procure protein with 150gr .06 for my Pirate buddys ;) Oh and train the new blood trackin pup too 8-)

BTW....there is no front shoulder meat from this one........WOW them bullets make alot more of a mess than a good sharp broadhead does!!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Addin to the protein pile

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Cool!

Don't know much about Sitkas, other than they taste good on the fire. Not trying to be mean but is that a young one or do they all have spots like that? I know they run on the small size. That would make a cool hide to tan and make a quiver out of.

Good lookin' pup!!! He has that deer covered... "Go on, make a move! I dare ya!"
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:40 pm

No there not big thats why the meat is so coveted....this one was mature, when I gutted it out it had a baby growin in there! Spots are usually are gone by now but I saw 4 this morning 2 with and 2 without and all but one was mature??? They do have cool lookin hides.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby PAarcher » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You need to trade in that '06 on a 45-70. It kills stuff deader than dead and doesn't do all that damage to the surrounding meat.
PAarcher

Postby PAarcher » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:08 pm

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/bigbore/1895SBL.asp

If I were in the market for a new hunting rifle this would be it. I like my other rifles but this is the finest hunting rifle made IMHO.
PAarcher

Re: Addin to the protein pile......Sat Update ;)

Postby Yohon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks to some yuckapucks trespassing I was able to add to the protein pile!!!!!!!! Shot this one with my H&R single shot 20ga. Plus it was the 1st trip in the woods with the new Kathy Kelly pack.....broken in JUST right ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby njstykbow » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Quit shooting them in the darn shoulder, would you? Just pull that shot back about 4"...they'll still be dead and we'll have more meat for Baltimore! ;)

Between the two of them...you've got about enough to cover PAarcher...what are you going to do about the rest of us hungry souls? Nice shootin'! :mrgreen:

Joe
njstykbow

Postby jeffhalfrack » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

nice job!!! don't you love those H&R's Yohon? what are you useing for slugs??? I've been reloading those lyman sabot's with good luck in .12 & .20 Ga JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby superkodiak38 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:10 am

Nice !...is that a BMC ?
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Yohon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 am

Jeff...love the weight of the gun and it shoots better than me!!! Shooting Hornady slugs out of it, would like to get some work done on the trigger but not complaining at all. I dont use a gun enough to play much with it but most of our area is slug only and it works well out to 200 yards wihich is about 150 yards further than Id like to shoot LOL!!!!!!!

Tim.....BMC?
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call