Skip to content

Gawd I Suck at This.

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

Gawd I Suck at This.

Postby Bender » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Just shot the 900. Dropped 100 points off last year's score! It was a total cluster fuck. WIfe just HAD to bring the dog, so naturally the damned dog got loose, TWICE. Shot with my mentor, and he's recovering from health problems and shouldn't be shooting. Forgot his quiver so I'm holding his arrows and feeding them to him while I'm also on the line trying to shoot. And the whole time all I can see is he is struggling to draw and his arrow keeps coming off the rest so I'm trying to not get shot by standing next to him. Blah, Blah, Blah. Its all BS excuses. The real fault is that I just couldn't get my head out from under the extraneous BS drama and just shoot the damned thing. Hell I even let my old arch nemesis beat me. I haven't let that happen for 2 or 3 years! The only thing that might save me is that he is now shooting Senior.
I know that this is a place to brag, but you know I also think its a good thing to sometimes talk about when I screw up. Helps keep me from becoming too big of an arrogant ass. And besides maybe somebody can learn something. They say that wisdom is the ability to learn from the mistakes of others.
Bender

Re: Gawd I Suck at This.

Postby Howattman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:25 am

A little dose of humility is beneficial sometimes. It keeps us grounded and ensures we don't start believing our own bullshit. ;)
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Re: Gawd I Suck at This.

Postby rhust » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:54 am

Eventually it will happen to everyone. We cant always be 100%, 100% of the time. I hate it when I beat myself (shoot poorly and loose), but all you can do is continue to work, and do better next time. I would feel much better if I shot well and someone just shot better. I had a streak of about 15 years, where I won every tournament that I went to. A couple of years ago I took second at a shoot. It was good for me, as it gave me a reality check and made me work harder. This was one of those years for me also. Oh well, this stuff is supposed to be fun. :D
rhust

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call