Skip to content

Great Outing for the Bearauto11 family

This is a place to discuss tornaments you've won, Animals you've taken with a bow, pictures of your robin-hoods etc....

Great Outing for the Bearauto11 family

Postby bearauto11 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Well, we went to the Yahi Bowmen Traditional Shoot. My dad was out from Upstate New York, so he and the three boys and I went shootin'. 28 3D targets - unmarked yardage. Some of us shot like hell, but we had a great time. Four of us came away with first place medals (don't ask how many people were in our classes).
Here are some pictures:

The oldest boy had his first go around as a youth at the adult stakes. He got to shoot between Grandpa and Dad here. He shot a new bow that a feller on Trad Talk gave him. He did great it was a tough shoot for him with lots of targets at 40+yds.

Here he is showing his form off. He got into the shoot off for overall winner and made one of the best shots in the first round of all shooters from about 43yds.

The middle boy shot at the cub stakes and beat the rest of us in our group. He had a good score compared to other shooters too. He also was in the overall shoot-off.

The youngest boy shot as a pee wee and had a great shot here. Yep, you guessed it he was also in the shoot-off.

The youngest shooting again. I think we are finally getting him to use an anchor point instead of floating his hand a couple of inches off his face.

Here's my good shot. Yes, the only one.

My dad shooting all the way from New York. He's trying out new form. I think he's starting to get it. I may have to start kicking him in the shins before we start from now on.

Here we are after the shoot. The wife traveled with us and took all these photos. She's a budding photographer and starting a business. If anyone needs photos taken she's the one to call. (Of course I may be slightly biased)

Here we are the West Coast band of the Pirate Crew.

Thanks,
--Tom
bearauto11

Re: Great Outing for the Bearauto11 family

Postby Bender » Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Awesome! Congratulations to you and your family!
Bender

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 am

Very cool !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Bobmeister » Mon May 16, 2011 8:53 am

Hay Tom, I remember when the yahi bowmen was in Riverbank, the course was along the Stanislaus River
in a grove of Oak trees. looks like yawl had a good time :) .
Bobmeister

Return to Board index

Return to Pirate Booty Call