Skip to content

Talking about your products.

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Talking about your products.

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:37 am

This is how I'm looking at the spam issue. See, I don't want to have rules. I'd like to leave it up to people's sense of common courtesy to others in their trade and basic professionalism. The line to cross is big and fuzzy. Crossing that big, fuzzy line is a really selfish act that's not fair to your colleagues and makes the person doing it look slippery and reflects bad on this place. There's no real issue with this yet and there will not ever be an issue with this. That's why I posted this so it doesn't happen. Like I said, I don't want to have to have rules. We're all grown-ups here. An armed society is a polite society so a lot of you are armed with moderator powers. Keep America beautiful. Don't be afraid to step up and take action to preserve your awesome forum.

Now that being said, We don't care that you talk about your products. As a matter of fact, we like it a lot because we're all learning and growing because of it. Let's keep it in the spirit that it's always had, which is an atmosphere of learning and exchanging ideas. Just don't try to put up a blatant advertisement, where it's extremely obvious that the thread has nothing to do with exchanging ideas, but everything to do with selling your stuff. Just don't do that and we're all good. The line is big and fuzzy, just the way we like it. Let's keep it easy and friendly like that. I thank you all for your participation. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: Talking about your products.

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:30 pm

I guess I'm not following that line... I commonly post bows and my signature has my website link... cool or not? I think its cool to have my sig as my website... but... I can also nuke it and it wont hurt my feelings...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby rwsbow » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Just my opinion, cause I'm not a bowyer, but...

I think it's good to have your business e-mail/website in your signature..(gives me something to click on when I'm bored :P )..but also reminds me who is making what...or selling what....(not that, Hank, not that!!! ;) )

Just so it don't cross the big fuzzy line and start to look like my Yahoo page...ads popping up everywhere and tons of BS everywhere... :twisted: :twisted: :x

Roger
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Sixby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Yep Ernie and I say I build bows to sell.\Wnen I build a new product I show it off. I guess what I am too thick headed to understand is that if no one is crossing the fuzzy line then why the post. If I am crossing it please just let me know and I'll stop crossing it. This is sounding kind of like the Leather Wall. Somehow this post makes me real undomfortable and until just now I have been very comfortable and thought we had something here no one else had.
Sixby

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 pm

"There's no real issue with this yet and there will not ever be an issue with this. That's why I posted this so it doesn't happen."

Nah Steve, I think like Aaron said.. no one crossed it, but maybe someone came close...

Steve... you are a great asset to the bowyers gallery AND a great asset to the trad archery world in that you sell a masterpiece of a bow... Aaron said, "nothing blatant"... you take your post, you show the bow... ooooh aaaaaahhhh... you talk about it a bit... Your website is in your signature... that will help you sell...

I'm not sure where the line was approached... but regardless...what I described above will help folks like us make a $$ or two and not make this into a big hawk shop.... ;)
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Hornseeker wrote:"There's no real issue with this yet and there will not ever be an issue with this. That's why I posted this so it doesn't happen."

Nah Steve, I think like Aaron said.. no one crossed it, but maybe someone came close...

Steve... you are a great asset to the bowyers gallery AND a great asset to the trad archery world in that you sell a masterpiece of a bow... Aaron said, "nothing blatant"... you take your post, you show the bow... ooooh aaaaaahhhh... you talk about it a bit... Your website is in your signature... that will help you sell...

I'm not sure where the line was approached... but regardless...what I described above will help folks like us make a $$ or two and not make this into a big hawk shop.... ;)

Exactly what Ernie said. With that in mind I'm going to make a new forum right now for manufacturers where everyone who participates here can post their wares as shamelessly as you guys deem proper. :D That way there's never any problem with anything. How does that grab you?
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 pm

I just put all my stuff in there. The more stuff you put in there, the more people will be drawn to it. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Sixby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:26 pm

FD , now thats a great thing to do. I feel welcome again. LOL
Sixby

Postby Bob » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:25 pm

FAR OUT!!!!! :D Excellent idea. Bob
Bob

Next

Return to Board index