Skip to content

Oh it Feels GOOD!!

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Re: Oh it Feels GOOD!!

Postby rhust » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:15 pm

As long as the person buying the double carbon is aware that there is no warranty that is fine.
rhust

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 pm

I just wonder how many people it would turn off? I guess if it does turn them off, me and my buddies will test it a couple years and see what happens??

As a business man, and a small one at that...with very little overhead and having to keep it that way, it just scares me to use a material that is so new. As far as I know, there are only 2 other commercial bowyers selling bows with this stuff. I"ve kicked mine around, beat carp to death with it, dropped it on the ground, dry fired...etc... I feel good about it..just need some more time to really gain some confidence!! Time!

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby rhust » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:20 pm

It would turn me off. Not that I need a warranty for everything I buy, but I would feel better if it had one. I dont want it to break in the first year, and be out my money. For me if I was not sure I could stand by my product I would not sell it until I was sure it would hold up. I know 2 years of testing is a long time, but better safe than sorry. If someone really wanted one and knew that it was not warrantied than so be it.
rhust

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Yeah...I agree. I'm getting a few of them out... the other bowyer has a butt load of them out.. his design is way more radical than mine, hence...if the carbon was going to fail...it probably would have shown up in his bows already..

Petes getting one! with warranty! Grenoble has one with warranty too...as does FD on his metal riser... I think by the end of the winter I'll be able to warrant it. I might make a bow and dry fire the sheeeite out of it just to see what it will take.

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:15 pm

I left mine strung for 3 months and I left it in a pile with 4 other bows, arrows, and general clutter. Sometimes in direct sunlight, sometimes in subzero tempertures. It's holding together just fine. I shot my best round of 3D ever with that bow. I wouldn't worry about it.

Body like stone. Mind like meatloaf.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Cutty » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:09 pm

I don't need no stinkin' warrantee... :D

Ernie's limb design is milder than Doug Witcher of Turkey Creek bows, and Doug hasn't had any trouble--

But he DID call me to make sure mine didn't blow up-- that'll hurt your release for a couple sessions.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery