Skip to content

Oh it Feels GOOD!!

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Oh it Feels GOOD!!

Postby Hornseeker » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 am

Man, I am finally making dust again. I glued up a kid bow and finally got Pete's Quad Carbon to about 98.5% done. Even shot it.. Its a sweety. Man..I am so glad to be building again. I also sketched out a new kidz bow form...it'll be a cool bow. I think I'll do a one piece adult bow just like it..

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Oh it Feels GOOD!!

Postby rwsbow » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:12 am

Good to hear that you are back at it, Ernie!! If things ever settle down, how 'bout a pic or two of the kids bows?
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:28 pm

That's awesome, Ernie!!
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Yeah...give me a week or two. I shipped 2 out without even snapping a photo!

I did tease Cutty about shooting his new quad carbon today though... He's got a 60 some pounder, carbon reinforced riser, double carbon limbs, macassar ebony... I put about 50 arrows through her today... I told him, "I hope you dont like it, so I can buy it back from ya!" hehehe

E
Hornseeker

Postby Cutty » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:08 pm

Yeah, I keep trying to pump Ernie's bows up on other sites, hoping to keep the pressure on him, so he'll build me a shooter like his personal bow I shot, and he turned the tables on me the other day, saying, "You know if you don't like it..." :lol:

I WANT IT!!

Especially since I'm in a shooting slump right now. This 20 degree stuff is starting to make me feel overbowed. I need a nice, smooth, dead in hand, 3 piece, girly weight bow. :P
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Postby rwsbow » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:23 pm

[quote="Cutty"]I need a nice, smooth, dead in hand, 3 piece, girly weight bow.

Best thing for a slump, Cutty!!
Also you may not go back to the heavyweights once you find out how easy on the joints and muscles they are ;)
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Cutty » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:11 am

Roger, this is the first winter in the last four where I really am feeling a difference in draw weight with the cold. Of course, I'm shooting outside instead of in the barn, and that's part of it.

Plus, sooner or later I'm going to have to have my left rotator cuff cut on. I just hope it will be scoped, instead of opened up like my right one. I keep putting off the surgical consult because I don't look forward to going into the MRI tube for 45 minutes again-- talk about claustrophobic-- I'd rather try out my own coffin. The right one feels 95% now, which is more than I ever dreamed of. I'm totally pain free when drawing with it.

The bow arm shoulder makes it a little harder for me to get good alignment, but I don't have any pain until after the shot...but I do have a flare up of tendonitis in the left elbow caused from less than perfect alignment.

I don't really shoot heavy weight bows anyway. Only have one over #70 right now, and I don't shoot it that often-- more because I don't love the grip and length.
Cutty

Postby Cutty » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:12 am

I was pretty excited to shoot Ernie's bow and find out I liked the grip, though...after all the bows I've had in my hands over the last few years, liking the grip is THE number one aspect for me.
Cutty

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:07 am

Ernie's double carbon limbs kick ass. Plain and simple. What length is your new bow going to be, Pete?
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

The bow length, n-to-n is 64, but it takes a standard 66" amo string pretty well...twisted up a bit. I dont have my bow lengths quite amo yet... I guess if it takes a 66" amo string...its a 66. Hopefully Pete will live with that.

I do like those limbs too FD... I am hoping they are durable. The material is VERY untested. I have been considering not warranting my double carbons...could get me in a lot of trouble in the future. Then, in 2 years from now...if all is well, I'd warrant them..??? What do you guys think?

E
Hornseeker

Next

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery