Skip to content

Gotta Sell a Bow!!

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Gotta Sell a Bow!!

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Just spent about $380 I dont have... Went ahead and bought the dang heat strips for gluing up bows. Gonna make it reall nice. And much faster...and I wont have to build a big huge oven for my one piece bows I'll be building this winter...

Sweet!

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Gotta Sell a Bow!!

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:55 pm

nice!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me ernie, you will not know how you ever built bows without them :D
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:12 pm

No kiddin... I have to get them fired up......as soon as Christmas company leaves I"m going on a bow building Jihad..there will be no glass, carbon or wood/grass lams safe!!

Ernie
Hornseeker

Postby bentbow58 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:35 am

what do ya make horn longbow or recurve?
Hell must be empty cuz all the devils is here!
brothers of the bale
bentbow58

Postby cst » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:27 pm

He makes some outstanding longbows. I have a three piece. I would gladly trade a lot of my bows but never my Saphire Hawk. Can't wait to see the one piece. More and more I have realised the only time a three piece is convienient or necessary for me is when I take it on my bike.
cst

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:14 pm

Bent, right now just a 3 piece hybrid LB... check it out at http://www.sapphirearchery.com
I like it...others seem to like it... I dont like my $768 insurance premium I have to pay by the 8th though! Ooops...I think I should have held off on the heat strips!! :o
Hornseeker

Postby stagmitis » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:04 am

45 mins to cook and then a while to cool!.....Best thing we ever did!
stagmitis

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery