Skip to content

Bow form question

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Re: Bow form question

Postby Iktomi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:41 pm

The 1/4 to the outside sounds like a good idea.
"I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it."

Joe Thornton, Captain of the San Jose Sharks :lol:
Iktomi

Postby Steve Graf » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 am

I've been using 1X12X6 foot pine boards from lowes that cost $13.00 each. Glue/screw them together and get a real 1 1/2 inch form (plywood always a bit thin). I find they are stiffer / straighter than any plywood form I've built and cheaper. Trick is to inspect the boards and pick out the two straightest ones you can find.
Steve Graf

Postby Iktomi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:35 am

Steve Graf wrote:I've been using 1X12X6 foot pine boards from lowes that cost $13.00 each. Glue/screw them together and get a real 1 1/2 inch form (plywood always a bit thin). I find they are stiffer / straighter than any plywood form I've built and cheaper. Trick is to inspect the boards and pick out the two straightest ones you can find.

Hmmm....that's an idea.
"I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it."

Joe Thornton, Captain of the San Jose Sharks :lol:
Iktomi

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Sheathing works fine and is cheaper than MDF. Some call it chip or wafer board. NOT particle board.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery