Skip to content

Little Prick

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Little Prick

Postby charl » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:37 am

Here is my latest bow. I wanted to make a 35# longbow and in a moment of beer fueled brilliance decided to cut it to 58" after it came out of the form and this caused it to be way overweight!

I decided rather than ceremonially burning it, I would finish the bow and see if I could salvage it and also learn a few things along the way.

I gave it the name "Little Prick" because as I was sanding the bow at one stage I lifted a fibreglass splinter and it went right through my finger and snapped off. I had to pull out the slicer with some pliers!

The bow is 58"
73#@28"

Here are some pictures.

charl

Re: Little Prick

Postby stagmitis » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:19 am

Awesome! I name all my bows. I have one now that is wandering on me and giving me a fit. Think Ill call this one "Big Prick" :D
stagmitis

Re: Little Prick

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 pm

charl wrote:
I gave it the name "Little Prick" because as I was sanding the bow at one stage I lifted a fibreglass splinter and it went right through my finger and snapped off. I had to pull out the slicer with some pliers!

Yup. Been there too!
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery