Skip to content

candidate for a frankenbow?

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

candidate for a frankenbow?

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:25 pm

ive got an alpine pro 3d silverado laying around that im thinking about making some limbs for. the riser is roughly 19 3/4" long and the pads are 22-23 degrees. anybody have any reason this wouldnt be a decent candidate? too much limb angle? i was thinking maybe a 62" over all length if i could pull it off.

it looks like this one.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/ ... N0724s.jpg

course id take off the silly overdraw guard thing and probably reshape the grip.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Re: candidate for a frankenbow?

Postby jeffhalfrack » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:48 pm

I believe that will be fine,,,,Ive done some of those before(warf) what I did was buy a set of polaris limbs from lancaster just to see,,,, some of the risers I would make a wedge to change angle but you are going to like that bow I do find they all shoot great off an elevated rest good luck hey how about a mini build along? JeffW btw the limbs cost about $40 bucks and the samik sage limbs are like $60ish but work better
jeffhalfrack

Re: candidate for a frankenbow?

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks! Ill probably try to get a set of sage limbs and if they dont look right I can always shim them with wedges for a different pad angle. Maybe once I decide on the right geometry I can whip some of my own limbs up.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery