Skip to content

I'm New Here..

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

I'm New Here..

Postby LightmanSA » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello All...

I'm glad to join in the conversation with you folks. Its great to find a group of tinkerers, and bowyers, that I can learn and share this "bow makin" disease with.. I've come to realize that theres no known cure, or 12 step program.. Only regular treatments of saw dust, glass splinters, and saw noise can help us survive the habit..!

I'm Jeff
LightmanSA

Re: I'm New Here..

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Welcome aboard, don't forget to leave the toilet seat up!
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby MikeW » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Welcome aboard.

And why do we have to leave the toilet seat up around here! I didn't get the memo on that.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
MikeW

Postby bearauto11 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:14 pm

MikeW wrote:And why do we have to leave the toilet seat up around here! I didn't get the memo on that.

Are you kidding? Then we can pee without lifting it. And we don't have to put it down like my wife says I have to do all the time. Like it's so difficult for her to bend over and put the seat up. Why can't she check to see if it's up or down and make the appropriate adjustment.
The toilet seat is up... and she doesn't check... And falls in... I get yelled at. :x
The toilet seat is down... and a little pee gets on the seat... I get yelled at :evil:
Why am I always getting yelled at? Am I such a bad person?
Oh wait! She just walked in! I mean... I love my wife, she is a wonderful person and I'm happy to leave the toilet seat down for her. 8-)
Anyway... Welcome aboard! And remember to leave the toilet seat up! :D :D :D :D :D :D
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby lostaro » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:47 am

I tried explaining to my wife that it's MY world and I'll pee on anything I like......

Apparently I was wrong...... :?
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby topcamp » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 am

magic of the " delta "..................just keeps on getting it's way .........pissing and moaning throughout...... you ever stop to fugure out why that is :?: .............:o :twisted:
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby 4nolz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:36 am

trick question-Pirates dont use toilets
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby LightmanSA » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Ha.! Thanks Folks..

I'll leave the toilet seat debate where it is..

As for what the ladies think.. Well.. "Pirate Booty" is in control of the center of the universe..
LightmanSA

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery