Skip to content

PLEASE READ

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

PLEASE READ

Postby kennym » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Folks, it has come to this, I must choose between my archery business or my "real" job.

For about 3 years, I have spent almost every hour not at my real job in the shop or packaging stuff to ship.

I have loved working with bowyers to get them the best wood and supplies I can .

I will be closing the first of March , I will finish all business I have started as of right now, but will be taking no more on.

After getting organized a bit, I will begin selling off the stock in the shop.

It has been great, but I gotta slow down a little and smell the coffee.

Possibly when I retire from the other job, I can resume business if you will have me, but right now there just isn't enough of me to do both.

Thank you very much for your business and support. I've enjoyed it more than you will ever know.

Thanks!!
kenny
kennym

Re: PLEASE READ

Postby Mann » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:55 pm

A fellows got to have a life besides work!
Completely understand, and want to thank you for all your help!!!

Jim
Mann

Postby Kenro » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 pm

:cry:
I must say Mr Kmac that I was pretty dang bummed to hear the news! :cry:
However having said that I can completely understand the reasons for your decision. you can never have enough free time for you and the wife.
Im still gonna call you and bug you from time to time weather you like it or not! You aint getting out this THAT easy! ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby bearauto11 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

That's a bummer. It is important to have some time for yourself, though. Should I make one last order before March? Or are you not taking any new orders?
Thanks,
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby MOUNTER » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

Congrats on your retirement! :P If your wifes like mine?? You really won't get any free time, you'll just be working on other stuff!

I'm sure with your reputation, you can pick right back up where you left off.. If you ever choose to. Thanks for all your help..............
MOUNTER

Postby Crooked Stic » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I hate hearing this Kenny but you got to do what you got to do. I know for sure what you mean. I got way too covered up for a couple of years making bows and just had to back off a bit-----------Plan on picking back up some with real job retirement soon.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby kennym » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks guys!! Appreciate the understanding.

I will still sell glass for a short while to get rid of stock, so no prob on that.

Thanks again!
kenny
kennym

Postby ojibwe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Kenny...sorry to hear!
Thanks for all your help and good luck..
VJ.
ojibwe

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Kenny do you still a good bit of phenolic and glass remaining?

Dave
arrowlauncherdj

Postby kennym » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Yep, still have quite a bit, will sell it off as soon as I get all outstanding orders done...

Thanks,
kenny
kennym

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery