Skip to content

Need a source for a specific material....help!

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Need a source for a specific material....help!

Postby nevadabugle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:54 am

All,

I want to build a wooden grip for a metal risered bow I have. The Riser is a black 21" DAS and the limbs are black HEX-6's, but my fletching, cap dips, string, bowsling, and string silencers are all green (looks really sharp). So, I want to find a chunk of green, Actionwood, strata-bond, dymondwood, etc, for the grip since it will really set the bow apart, plus I do not care for the DAS grip currently on the bow. The problem is I can only find green materials directly from the manufacturer in super large quantities. Anyone know of a source for a riser sized piece or smaller of a green laminate? It can be solid green or have green and black laminations.

Any help would be appreciated.
nevadabugle

Re: Need a source for a specific material....help!

Postby Crooked Stic » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm

How much you need. I have some Spectraply Oliveshade that is green and dark gray or I have some in a green mountain camo.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby nevadabugle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 am

I need a piece that is at a minimum 5" long, 1.5" wide and 3" deep.
nevadabugle

Postby nevadabugle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Crookedstick,
Thanks for reminding me of spectraply. I checked out their webpage and their peppermill blanks in Green Hornet are the exact size and color I needed. I just placed an order. Cheers!
nevadabugle

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery