Skip to content

A Tank Killer

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Re: A Tank Killer

Postby Crooked Stic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:01 am

x2 on what Ken said. If it will work in a bow--sure somebody with more research $$$ will figure it out.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:31 am

That sounds a lot like "Bucky balls". Buckminsterfullerene... Molecular ball bearings... The most exceptional lubricant currently in existence. It is however extremely expensive. The likelihood of this stuff ever being molded into a bow limb of any sort in my unborn grandchilds lifetime is slim due to shear cost. Fun to think about tho

Dave
arrowlauncherdj

Postby Jon in Montana » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 am

I read an article about "Gorilla Glass" a couple years back - basically it's the stuff on the screens of phones and tablets. Everything about it made it seem perfect for bow building. The tensile strength, compression, tension, blah blah blah. And, it's only .010 thick!

I actually tried contacting the DuPont company about getting some, but never heard back for some reason...
Jon in Montana

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery