[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

Skip to content

First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Re: First three piece bow! OPINIONS NEEDED!

Postby Apex Predator » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:19 am

Well Kirk, the string lies on the edge of each limb when strung, due to my drilling error! :o She has a little "bemp" sound at the shot. I'm sure the limbs are vibrating at the end of the shot sequence, and causing a slight buzz feel and sound. She shoots well though, so I'm gonna kill something with her! :)
Apex Predator

Postby Apex Predator » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:21 am

She is very stable and accurate though. I'm gonna do things a little differently on the next one. Should have the supplies real soon. :)
Apex Predator

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:26 am

Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:20 pm

All right folks! The second generation "Wassaw" is nearing stringing stage. I made some changes. I wanted the riser to be a little more stream-lined looking, so I backed the limb pad angle from 6 to 5 degrees. This should reduce the brace some, and give me a longer power stroke. I'm going with one bolt and two pins on this one.

I plan to drill my holes tonight, and it's scaring the hell out of me! I plan to drill the limb for bolt and both pins, and drill the riser just for the bolt insert. Then I will mount the rough profiled limbs. After bracing her, I can correct for any mis-alignment, and then drill my alignment holes in the riser. Anyone have any better suggestions? Due to the reverse riser, I can't see a way to check my alignment without a string on her.

I'll post some photos on here soon.
Apex Predator

Re: First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

Postby Crooked Stic » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Just be careful when you are moving the limbs that you dont go too far and it rolls sideways and wacks you a good one :!:
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Now you tell me! I just got wacked a good one!
Apex Predator

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Now THAT'S funny :D :D
(assuming you didn't get too hurt)
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Crooked Stic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:37 am

Sorry Marty I tried to hurry hope it aint too bad :?:
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:28 am

Maybe, it hit him on the head,,,,,,that way it wouldn't hurt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everything is simple, people make it complicated
Ben

Postby Kirkll » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:17 am

http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery