[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

Skip to content

First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Re: First three piece bow! OPINIONS NEEDED!

Postby Apex Predator » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:03 am

Wow! This thing has a couple of issues, but shoots better than anything I have built so far. This thing has excellent potential! I was stacking arrows at 28 yards. The forward riser is the most pointable bow I have handled. Both limbs on this one are twisted, due to my hard-headedness in relying on my drilling jig. I can hardly wait to glue up another and drill it properly. I will finish this one out and hunt with it. She has wonderful manners, except for a slight limb buzz. I attribute that to the string lying on the edge of both limbs. No recoil, and as quiet as the quietest recurve I've ever owned. Less noise than my pronounced R/D longbow. If you can tell, I'm quite excited.
Apex Predator

Postby 4nolz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:16 am

because its a RECURVE! welcome back from the dark side :D
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Apex Predator » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:59 am

I'm gonna call it a Semi-Recurve like they did in the day! :D
Apex Predator

Postby MOUNTER » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:01 am

Sweet! Sounds like it's coming together! Can't wait to see it finished up!!
MOUNTER

Postby Tom Anderson » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Ya know, I'm a woodcrafter at heart - I've built a couple of houses, several boats from a 13' kayak to a 22' offshore fishing boat, knives, furniture, and most anything you can think of. BUT, I'm leaving this bow-building stuff to you guys. I'll just have to make my money doing some weekend carpentry jobs and simply buy bows from y'all.
Tom Anderson

Postby Jess Stuart » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:11 pm

That thing looks very nice indeed. I just knew you were going to like those belly mounted limbs.
Great job.
Jess Stuart

Postby jeffhalfrack » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Well Tom, thats what they all say!!! the saw dust will get you!!!! you'll be posting soon,,,trust me! as far as buying from a pirate,,,, it's the smartest thing you could do,,,, by far!!!!!!!!!!!! the talent here is amazing!! I'm glad they let me aboard!!!!!!!!!!!! JeffW Nice job Apex!!!! BTW is that your handle wrap-along on Dicks site???? if so I like your way,,,thanks JW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Apex Predator » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah, I think that's one I did. I about to put the last coat on this one now! Should have some good photos in the morning.
Apex Predator

Postby jwillis » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:26 pm

That limb looks like a really good performer. Jim
jwillis

Postby Kirkll » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm

http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery