[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

Skip to content

First three piece bow! 2nd Gen starts on pg 13

This forum is dedicated to the bowyer and his craft. This is the place to talk building techninques, design/theory, and anything about enhancing performance. Anything about bow building is welcome here. All build alongs will be housed in the sub-forum below.

Re: First three piece bow! OPINIONS NEEDED!

Postby Apex Predator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Well I cropped this riser on each end back one inch. I got rid of the outer alignment pin because it was in the way of my cut! :o I drilled out the inboard pin hole and installed another insert. So now I have two bolts and no pin. I'll take some photos a little later after my latest laminate on the back of the riser sets up good.
Apex Predator

Postby Apex Predator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 am

Yep, yep, and yep! I'm learning a lot with this one. Here is my new limb. And the new shortened riser. I got some epoxy in my inboard inserts that I have to clean out, and then I'll show you some new photos. I'm sorry I'm updating so slow, but have another build I'm in the middle of as well.

Apex Predator

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:45 am

Love the way that backed riser looks!

You're not using washers on the bolts?
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Apex Predator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:10 am

I was just gonna use the phenolic pad they are sitting on. Do you think that will be a problem?

It was a real chore getting that black glass to fit properly!

I'm thinking of laminating another shorter bloodwood riser overlay and some bloodwood in the tips.
Apex Predator

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:16 am

Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby MOUNTER » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 am

I'd be worried about it cracking over time. I think washers help to distribute the pressure over a bigger area.
MOUNTER

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Alright, it's starting to come around. I'll shoot her at first light, and then lot's of sanding. After I finish my other build that I'm working on, I'll finish this one out.

Apex Predator

Postby 4nolz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:24 pm

wow people are going to remember that bow-I really like grey actionwood.

I always ask-how do you radius your site window and shelf? I hate doing that and am never happy.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby BMG » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:31 pm

dang man, that looks great.

have you gotten a string on her?
BMG

Postby Apex Predator » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:39 am

Mike, I cut it out with a hacksaw and chisel out the chunks. I then file it down to where I want it. I hit the inside corner of shelf/window with a chainsaw file and then take out the edges of the round groove with a finer file.

Yep, have been working her on a string. I have some limb twist due to my blind faith in my drilling jig, but not enough to totally scrap her. I'll be doing it differently next time. I have learned plenty of good lessons on this one.
Apex Predator

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowyer's Gallery