Skip to content

Cigar box guitar??

If you like to tinker with big or small projects and make new gadgets, this forum is for you. From arrow building to making a new kind of rest to replacing the cables and strings off your compound, here's a place where you can find like-minded people to discuss your ideas.

Cigar box guitar??

Postby Robertfishes » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I don't play any musical instruments But...I want to build an electric guitar and bass. I saw a "cigar box" guitar and it looked kinda cool... I already have wood and tools so why not... youtube has a lot of videos of them.
Robertfishes

Re: Cigar box guitar??

Postby jeffhalfrack » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 pm

I've made a few,,,lots of fun! I like gas can guitars too,,lots of stuff out there,,listen to Shane spearman play I. Think that's his name cgitty cigar box nation ect Stewart McDonnell is a parts source man I can go on ,,,,I'm sure you will do great at it like all your projects!! But what I like to do space my frets "diatonic not chromatic The diatonic is an easy way to play cause there are no wrong notes! What I mean is the guitar frets play "do ra me" you can stum a tune like your first time get a "snark" tuner too. Oh man I hope you have a ball ! Keep us up to date on this good luck JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Robertfishes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:29 pm

got my guitar parts today, going to start off with a 4 string.. I went to a cigar smoke club and got 7 empty wood cigar boxes for $21.. I found a used "Line 6" 15 watt amp yesterday, it has lots of effect settings so I should have fun with it too. I'm gonna order more parts for the next one
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:38 pm

pretty much done with the guitar, just have to peel the white "surgeon general says tobacco is bad" label off the corner Image
Robertfishes

Postby bearauto11 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:31 pm

That's cool. Are you going to post a video of you playing it?
bearauto11

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:08 am

Pretty slick!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Return to Board index

Return to The Tinker's corner