Skip to content

new adventure buddy ...

This is a longbow discussion forum that covers everything having to do with longbows. From board bows, to primitive self bows, to modern RD longbows made with synthetic laminates, your ideas, comments, and questions, are welcome here.

new adventure buddy ...

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:13 am

My new Black Widow longbow ...
haven't picked up another bow in months ... might sell all my others and just get another one .
Man I love this bow ...
And my TP has kinda gone away , pretty much ...

if i could just decide on which quiver i'd be pretty happy but I am changing quivers like my undies ...

also gone back to alloys ...

straight, cheap and easy to tune up.

winning .....
BEN MAHER

Re: new adventure buddy ...

Postby Yohon » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 am

ATTA boy ;)

Always like the looks of them but if it cures TP then its worth getting 2 of em that's for sure!!!!!

Started shooting 2016 out of the Bear TD and yeah, you forget how easy they are to work with and how nice it is to spin a REALLY straight arrow in your hand!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:28 am

One of the few bows that I haven't played around with over the years. I've owned several Widows, but never the longbow. One of the guys at the club has an anniversary model and shoots it well, unfortunately I can't try it out as he is left handed.

I did pretty much what you are talking about with my Bear T/D's here a couple of years ago. Cleaned house and besides a Titan or two and my longbows I got rid of everything else. I hung on to three longbows just because of the feeling I get when shooting them. Hard to describe but wandering around with a back quiver full of blunts doing some stump shooting with a longbow is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable ways to spend a day for me.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Yohon ...
It's been a long trip and it will be there , but I can pretty much draw hold and (and this needs work) release and or let down as needed.
My draw increased by an inch too .....

Randy, I'll keep my Titan with 2 sets of limbs ... But I have like 9 Hill style bows .... Have to move most of them at the least.

And your right, a quiver chock full of blunts with a good longbow for a day's rove is about as good as it gets .

And there is a great argument that my Widow (and my Toelke Whips) aren't 'longbows' as such ... And These days , if I give a shit , I'll let everyone know :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
BEN MAHER

Return to Board index

Return to Longbowman's hideout