Skip to content

new toys

This is a longbow discussion forum that covers everything having to do with longbows. From board bows, to primitive self bows, to modern RD longbows made with synthetic laminates, your ideas, comments, and questions, are welcome here.

new toys

Postby BEN MAHER » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 am

I have new toys...

Having always been a straight limb Hill style fella when it comes to longbows I ventured forth and got me a Toelke Whip.
The love affair was too . I didn't dig the idea of the BowBolt but it is dandy ... Perfect for travel hunts.

I just find the bow infinitely shootable , flinging GT , Easton Trad carbons, 2016's and woodies with aplomb.

Last purchase of anything for a while ... The Aussie dollar has dropped nearly 30c against the US Dollar !!!!! :roll:http://s411.photobucket.com/user/benmah ... 7.jpg.html
BEN MAHER

Re: new toys

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 am

She's a beauty!

One of my hunting buddies just got one of the Robertson Wolfers with the bow bolt in it. Same thing... didn't really care for it at first but it grew on him after awhile.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: new toys

Postby topcamp » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:53 am

dan just lives up the road from us about 12 miles when ever we're out at the montana place..........usuually have dinner with him and his extended family........ least once a year..........absolutely great guy. great shot.......great bow hunter and as you now know.......builds a great bow.......... :!:

you buy your ticket to baltimore for the shoot before the dollar drop ben............ :o :?: :?: :?:
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Return to Board index

Return to Longbowman's hideout