Skip to content

English longbows

This is a longbow discussion forum that covers everything having to do with longbows. From board bows, to primitive self bows, to modern RD longbows made with synthetic laminates, your ideas, comments, and questions, are welcome here.

Re: English longbows

Postby Bender » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 pm

That's quite alright. No apology necessary at this point. Your statement that you made elsewhere, "All of the above, and a salesmen first and foremost," pretty much does it for me. You bet, sales first and foremost. After all, as long as you can sell the fucking things who needs quality, craftsmanship, and pride of workmanship, right?
Bender

Postby rwsbow » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 am

...After all, as long as you can sell the fucking things who needs quality, craftsmanship, and pride of workmanship, right?"...

Or plain, old-fashioned honesty !!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby kosomoto » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 am

Bender wrote:That's quite alright. No apology necessary at this point. Your statement that you made elsewhere, "All of the above, and a salesmen first and foremost," pretty much does it for me. You bet, sales first and foremost. After all, as long as you can sell the fucking things who needs quality, craftsmanship, and pride of workmanship, right?

I deserve anything you say against me, however my products are all high quality import and come gualanteed. I have never lipped off a customer.

Please do not imply I give out chinese crap work, only the best China has to offer. I could if all I cared about was plofit.
kosomoto

Postby Bender » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:12 pm

I imply nothing. You yourself made it clear that your primary concern is being a salesman. And besides, you, me and everybody else here all know had you not been caught with your pants down, you would have made no "apology", nor would you have done anything to correct your misrepresentation of your relationship with Peregrine Archery.
Bender

Postby Iktomi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:40 pm

kosomoto wrote:
Iktomi wrote:Where on our planet are you located? Are you getting those red oak board bows from Phil Silva?

Irvine, California US. The basic red oak bows are from Phil Silva while the premium bows are not.

You have premium Longbows? Best thing I saw on your site were hickory backed red oak bows. I have to admit I am curious as to why you state that "This bow may potentially take a few extra weeks to construct." when they take half a day to bang out, LOL.

In defense of Phil Silva, he makes no extraordinary claims for his bows. They are cheepie board bows that he bangs out by the bushel and he will freely tell you that. Anyone who can make an honest living in archery has my respect, LOL. I knew that was Phil's work the instant I went to your website.
"I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it."

Joe Thornton, Captain of the San Jose Sharks :lol:
Iktomi

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 am

kosomoto wrote:
Bender wrote:That's quite alright. No apology necessary at this point. Your statement that you made elsewhere, "All of the above, and a salesmen first and foremost," pretty much does it for me. You bet, sales first and foremost. After all, as long as you can sell the fucking things who needs quality, craftsmanship, and pride of workmanship, right?

I deserve anything you say against me, however my products are all high quality import and come guaranteed. I have never ripped off a customer.

Please do not imply I give out chinese crap work. I could if all I cared about was profit.

You should have thought about that before doing what you did. We're pretty fucking open to people in business here, but you can't be a slippery douche bag. You understand? Now you just went and fucked yourself. Your bows can be made of solid gold and nobody is going to want a single goddamn one now. Have fun at the breadlines, you worthless shit-heel. Go peddle your cheap, Chinese crap elsewhere.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby LBR » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Best thing I saw on your site were hickory backed red oak bows. I have to admit I am curious as to why you state that "This bow may potentially take a few extra weeks to construct." when they take half a day to bang out, LOL.

Half a day? I watched Jimmy Taylor take one from glued-up blank to strung up and shooting, including laquer finish, in 17 minutes flat. That was several years ago, before everyone hated him. Cancer got him a few weeks ago, so he won't be making any more.

You got a template, a bandsaw, a bubble sander, and a little talent you can have one semi-tillered and shootable in a half-hour easy--less with practice.
LBR

Postby Iktomi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

My half-day included glue up :lol:
"I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it."

Iktomi

Postby Bender » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Another member of our Behind the Curtain Dept found this:
https://www.facebook.com/blake.morgan.376
And we're also supposed to believe that he's a bowyer?
I truly despise those people who are just smart enough to believe that they are smarter than everybody else and we're just idiots. Such people invariably turn out to be deeply stupid. And having or pursuing a college degree only tends to make their delusions of adequacy even worse.
Just a young douche bag in the making.

I find it amusing as hell though that at Trad Talk everything is fine and all is forgiven.
Like O'l Abe sed, you CAN fool some of the people all of the time.
kosomoto is done here but it seems he has found his niche, the people he can screw. A match made in Con Artist Heaven
Bender

Postby Iktomi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 am

Howdy Blake. Yer Mama told you NOT to take the suction cups off your arrows!

Iktomi

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Longbowman's hideout