Skip to content

dusting off the longbow

This is a longbow discussion forum that covers everything having to do with longbows. From board bows, to primitive self bows, to modern RD longbows made with synthetic laminates, your ideas, comments, and questions, are welcome here.

Re: dusting off the longbow

Postby Lee Vivian » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:02 am

maybe a longbow only course at Baltimore for the Pirates this year??? I have been shooting and hunting with my zebra wood longbow made for me by Ron Foley years ago...the poundage is up there, but I love shooting it. To me, a longbow with wood arrahs and a back quiver is as fun as it gets.....it's second season here..and the longbow is going with me....with some hex heads in case I run into a "squack of squirrels"!
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:17 am

Should be an interesting season. Yohon has purged most of his arrow launchers and stocked up on Howard Hills. I intend on leaving the recurves on the wall this fall and toting a longbow and wood arrows in the woods. Matter of fact, I'm waiting on a new Hill to be delivered any day now. Sounds like Mike is going to give it a run with his Montana.

Should be several photos of straight limbed bows laying on dead critters this year.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Im sure Randy will have his laying on dead critters but Im not to sure about me but Im gonna be out there trying hard....been an interesting summer for sure :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:02 pm

I like the looks of those feathers. Will I get credit for an assist? :D
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Well... I crested the shafts. Can I get an assist too?

That is one damn fine looking piece of shooting equipment there Dude!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:38 am

:D :D Yep...both you guys get to "fly along" this fall!!!!! 8-)

I know this place doesnt get the traffic it once did but the ones that are here sure are some great people!!!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby superkodiak38 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:40 pm

So I have only shot, hunted with a longbow for the last 8 years, I buy a TitanIII and now everyone is shooting longbows ?? :? :D
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby lostaro » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:08 pm

I stopped trying to keep up with those guys....I admire the longbow and I'm sure those guys will stack some deer up with them....

Me? I'm sticking with my Titan 3... I have tried longbows but for some reason I tend to shoot high-low-left-right with them consistently :D
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Yohon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:40 pm

"I tend to shoot high-low-left-right with them consistently"

Well dang Will, guess Im shooting them right because I resemble that remark :lol:

Tim.....I shot my Titan today to check my broadhead/arrow combo for it......dang thing shoots itself, especially after spending all this time with the Hill...very confident I could go in the woods in the AM with it a be fine.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:04 pm

lostaro wrote:... I tend to shoot high-low-left-right with them consistently...

THAT... was good for a LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

.... and.... me too. :roll:
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Longbowman's hideout